Req Allow showing 3D button when playing 2D contents (Google Cardboard)
Smile 
I would like to request an option/switch to allow showing 3D button even when playing non-3D content.

It's not a problem until the advance of Google Cardboard or other virtual reality (VR) glasses.

I also use Kodi on my Android TV box with a Samsung 3D TV, and there is no need / point for Kodi to play 2D content as 3D content here, but it's a whole different story when it comes to Google Cardboard / VR glasses where any content has to be played as sbs in order to be watchable, no matter it's true 3D or only 2D.

Currently Kodi has done the job very well with 3D content, but when it come to play 2D content as 3D, it's pretty awkward. I can see 3 ways to play 2D as 3D:
1) First Uncheck "Disable stereoscopic 3D mode when playback ended" in System-Settings-Playback (this setting will stay so only need to be set once), then start playing a proper 3D video in order to enable 3D mode, then stop playing, and from then on everything you play will be in 3D mode.

2) Enable 3D mode through System-Settings-System-Video output then change Stereoscopic 3D mode (current) from disable to sbs.

The problem for method 1 and 2 is the 3D mode wont stay. It's reset after Kodi is restarted and I have to go over the process again.

3) I can add 3D tag to the filename of all my 2D videos. I think I'd better not follow this route.

The request is:
Option 1) Add a switch in Settings to allow 3D button to show up regardless of the content so that Google Cardboard users like me can just enable this, and enable 3D mode with this button instead to go through menu. If this switch is not switched on, then nothing happens so that others wont be affected at all.

Option 2) Add a switch in Settings to make the 3D mode stay even after Kodi is restarted, so that user only need to set it up once. If this switch is not switched on, then nothing is changed.
option 3) install an add-on that puts Kodi automatically into 3D mode on startup (like some already do) Smile
Is this a request or it has been implemented? If the latter, mind sharing the name of the addon? Thanks.
(2015-05-20, 10:21)da-anda Wrote: option 3) install an add-on that puts Kodi automatically into 3D mode on startup (like some already do) Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow showing 3D button when playing 2D contents (Google Cardboard)0