OSMC/KODI Doesn't See Music
I downloaded OSMC to a MicroSD drive and successfully installed on my RP2. I have a wired network connection and have configured connections to the HTPC running XBMC Gotham in a different room:
- Live/Recorded TV with ServerWMC front-end connecting to the Ceton InfinitTV card and TV folder
- Movies via SMB to ripped media
- Yahoo Weather updates

However, attempts to make similar connections to the ripped Music are a fail. I can enter the SMB path and navigate to what should be the music folder, but I don't see any folders or media files.

However, I can navigate to ripped CDs on a separate non-HTPC laptop in the house, and they play fine.

The HTPC is running Win7 Home Ultimate, and the Music folders are on a stand-alone logical drive on the same hard disk as C:/ (system). The laptop is running WinXP SP3 and the Music folders are under My Music. The actual media files themselves are identical (and in some cases the same CDs) ripped with WMP.

Any ideas?
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
do you use the default network share provided by windows or have you created your own network share for the music folder? Btw - please provide a Debug Log so that we can see what's going on in the background
da-anda -

Thanks for the reply. I built all the logical drives as shown in my signature line, and they all have the same default Win7 share characteristics (all three 'Movie' folders show as a single collection on XBMC and OSMC).

And to clarify, did you want a Debug Log from OSMC or XBMC? I'll send this evening.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
debug log of Kodi please. So enable debug logging, reboot, then try to play music from the share (browse to the share that's empty). As Samba is involved, it might not be a bad idea to enable component logging of the SMB library (in Settings -> System -> Debugging -> component specific logging)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC/KODI Doesn't See Music0