Android Fire TV Remote Features
Hi guys,

I have been using ATV2 for last 4 years. recently moved to FTV due to issue with ATV2 video/audio sync for some movies.

Now my FTV issues listed below. (using Helix14.2 with amber skin)

1. Can't control volume using UP/DOWN button in the remote like in the ATV2.

2. in ATV i used to scan (manual) content when i add new movies to my NAS by selecting the movie folder and press and holding the Menu button. by that the movie scrappers will come automatically if the name and year is correct, otherwise it pop up a window to edit the movie name to match TMDB naming. unfortunately in FTV i cant do that any more. it never give the option to edit if the current movie name is wrong.

3. how to go to the KODI home screen from any menu with a single press of the remote?. ex: if i go inside a music file list, it may have lots of sub folders. if i need to go back to the KODI home from there, i have to press the return button in the FTV quite couple of times.

Thx in advance
poks
1. Fire TV, for some reason that I don't understand, has no volume control exposed to any apps.

2. Use the "menu" button on the Fire TV remote. Apple press-and-hold menu is the same as Fire TV's menu button.

3. You could sacrifice one of the playback buttons to return home. See: Alternative keymaps for Fire TV remote (wiki)
(2015-05-21, 10:24)pokkiri Wrote: 1. Can't control volume using UP/DOWN button in the remote like in the ATV2.

You can't. The Fire doesn't have volume control. There is an amplification control but it introduces distortion, so forget about it. Here's a possible solution that might be forthcoming:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/189...experience

Quote:3. how to go to the KODI home screen from any menu with a single press of the remote?. ex: if i go inside a music file list, it may have lots of sub folders. if i need to go back to the KODI home from there, i have to press the return button in the FTV quite couple of times.

Holding down the back button will take you to the Home screen.

Here is what I have in my keyboard.xml

It gives you a few benefits, such as a "right-click' with the rewind key, and toggles the menu in full screen mode. I'm happy with it. It works best with Isengard (15). I can recommend the lastest nighties.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>

<global>
    <keyboard>
      <menu>FullScreen</menu>
      <rewind>ContextMenu</rewind>
   </keyboard>
</global>

<Slideshow>
  <keyboard>
    <fastforward>ZoomIn</fastforward>
    <rewind>ZoomOut</rewind>
    <menu>Rotate</menu>
  </keyboard>
</Slideshow>

<Home>
  <keyboard>
     <rewind>ActivateWindow(10134)</rewind>
     <fastforward>ActivateWindow(10111)</fastforward>
     <menu>ActivateWindow(10004)</menu>
  </keyboard>
</Home>

<Visualisation>
  <keyboard>
    <rewind>Info</rewind>
   </keyboard>
</Visualisation>

<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <right>seek(21)</right>
      <left>seek(-7)</left>
      <menu>ActivateWindow(10124)</menu>
      <rewind>rewind</rewind>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>
Thanks guys

Press and hold menu won't work in FTV. Here it just give the menu options only.
Key map I will try later and update you guys.
I thought press and hold was only available in SPMC (wiki)?
I have my FireTV stick's remote set up quite nicely using the keymaps in the wiki. I just want one more feature: the ability to skip back and forth using chapters. I suspect the best approach might be to use longpress FF or RW, but I don't know if those buttons support longpress, nor indeed, what codes I would use in my key map. Anyone have an approach that works?

Just call me Mr. Skippy!
Up and Down are used for chapters by default.
Thank you kind sir; I'd overridden Up and Down with volume amplification -- which I don't use. I shall mutter to myself as I remove those lines!

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Remote Features0