Win Kodi Isengard Beta1 | Live-Tv | Ac3 Sound ahead of video
Music 
Hello community!

I've been using xbmc and kodi for a long time already and until now I pretty much fixed all of my problems with just browsing the forums.

Now it's the time that i actually can't find an answer.

When whatching live-tv channels that have ac3 5.1 audio stream in Kodi Isengard Beta1 I notice an asychronicity between audio and video.
The audio stream is somehow like 200ms ahead of the video.
When switching to the "normal" mp3 audio stream that is also broadcasted the sound goes back to sync with the video.
Also when watching a channel with ac3 stereo sound there's this slightly faster audio than video... Like 50ms. If it was only that i could just set the audio going 50ms later in kodi in audio settings. But because its different to what channel is played it's not really helpful doing that, since I have to adjust it nearly every time the channel or the show changes.

My system is the following:

- Kodi Isengard Beta1
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- dvbViewer Recording Service on newest version
- one Hauppauge WinTV HVR 930C DVB-C Tuner-Stick
- one Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI USB-Card
- Sound passthrough via spdif on ac3 capable receiver

I don't know really when this problem came up.
It was either when i connected the second tv-stick that i own since like 2 weeks ago
or it was since I upgraded to Kodi Isengard Beta1 from Helix. When now going back to helix i also get the video played delayed to the sound.

Please could maybe someone give me some advice?
I have been working a long time on this Live-TV Kodi Windows HTPC thingy and don't want to give up on using it..: Since the async sound really grinds my gears.

Thanks in advance

Please move this thread to a more suitable directory of I am wrong in pvr/DVBViewer

Greetings from Germany,

Hendrik
I know this is unhelpful but I noticed in a two channel setup enabling Stereo Upmix sorted out my frequent audio sync issues.
I rolled back to Helix with uninstalling Kodi completely, with user data.

This made the problem get better a little.
Sound is still ahead of video but its only like 75ms to 100ms, and its nearly the same for all audio that is played. Ac3 5.1 / 2.0 and MP3 and DTS.

So i guess this is something with the kodi internal audio renderer and/or the DVBViewer PVR Addon?

I will now be waiting till the final version of Isengard to try and see if the problem is back or if it even got better.

Otherwise Isengard, even though its much smoother and "tidyer" will not be an option for me!
The PVR isn't doing any demuxing. Neither is the recording service itself.
Any update on this problem?
Hie all,

So as djneil, i'm having issues with my week play under KODI 15.2 running DVB-T with tvhead end.
Sound is in advance with video, nothing big, but you see that the lips are not in sync with audio.
I already tried some solutions, like playing with the the different audio sources of the cable operator, uninstall and redo the config of Tvheadend.
Do some other people here experiencing such a so delay in DVB-T TV channels ?

For all thanks in advance for all your support and help

Greetings,
Pierre

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Isengard Beta1 | Live-Tv | Ac3 Sound ahead of video0