Android MXQ S85 Android TV Box Takes Forever to Wake Up
I tend to power down my equipment overnight and switch everything off at the plug. When I switch it all back on the next day, it takes me forever to actually get the MXQ to wake up and power on. If i persist with the remote, i can keep pressing the power button over and over again, holding it down for differing lengths of time and eventually the box will wake up and power on.

If i then go to play a video, however, i get a window of static appear on the left hand side which stays until i reboot the box.

If i press the power button on the box itself, it doesn't "lock" down either - i was trying this yesterday and tried over and over again until i got it to click down and "hold" in place.

I'm running the latest version of OpenELEC if that makes any difference and I don't think i had the wake up problem with the stock rom on this either.

Does it sound like the box has a problem ?
Check your power adapter, the one they included at the beginning were faulty and causing issues such as yours.
I have the same box (only for about 3 months) and it exhibits non of the issues you've mentioned, so I'd say you have a faulty box and/or remote there.
My box is f/w 109k4, with Kodi 14.2.

Normal power on does take about 30secs, which is typical of most android boxes (some much longer), but from suspend its instant on, straight into Kodi.

As a kids bedroom tv media box its very reliable and plays everything I've throw at it (even via wifi), absolute bargain at £30
Retired from Add-on dev
thanks all. i'll have a look at the power adapter. I've only had it a few months as well so i'm hoping it's not one of the faulty ones. when i power everything on in the morning, the box power light does light up blue, so at least i know that part is working Smile

If it's a faulty power supply, is there a likelihood they'll give me a free replacement ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ S85 Android TV Box Takes Forever to Wake Up0