Win Cache not being used on Samba share
Hi,

I have an issue on a Windows install that seems to mimic ticket # 15817 (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15817). The thread that this ticket references suggests that the issue is solved on Kodi 14.2, however in my system I still observe the issue on Isenguard beta (tried upgrading to see if the problem was solved).

My setup is a Windows install of Kodi with a local storage of some media and more stored on a NAS over a Samba share. Anything I play from the local drive is fine, however the NAS files buffer constantly when playing a 720p file. It is a wired connection over a Homeplug network (200mbps) and I can get a reasonably steady 8 megabyte / s transfer rate copying files using Windows.

With the 'O' display up, I can see that the cache percentage hovers around 98-100%, but it is reported to have size 0b and occasionally crashes to 0% and buffers. I cannot see the 'ghosted' progress bar that represents cached content and the cache doesn't seem to fill up when the media is paused (as I can get buffering pretty soon after I start to play it again).

This has happened with both no advancedsettings.xml file and with the cache settings set to the suggestion in the Cache HOWTO. It is currently set to this:

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Default is 1 -->
<cachemembuffersize>500000000</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
<readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- Default is 1.0 -->
</network>

log showing a buffer event, long pause followed by play then another buffer event here: http://pastebin.com/wE4aDvSg
The log says the advancedsettings.xml file was not loaded because you forgot the <advancedsettings> tags.
OK never mind - Found out after having a dig through my own log that the advancedsettings weren't being read because it was missing the <advancedsettings> tab. Cache now fills up with SMB shares as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache not being used on Samba share0