Req Kodi on top while playing
Should it come on top while playing music?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-31, 04:46)nickr Wrote: Should it come on top while playing music?

Some people want to see the nice visualisation effects,
or to find the songs they want

So I think for the sake of simplicity

It should be ON TOP if Kodi is currenty active which includes

-playing movies /videos
-playing music
-using addons (that involves videos, music, or games etc)

========
I think there are heaps of users who installed Kodi on their desktop PC in their bedroom, so they can watch their movies/tv shows/music etc..while in bed.

It is their desktop PC / HTPC.

Not everyone is watching movies in their living room at 10 pm etc..

So I don't think this setting/ feature request is too specific..or only for a minority

but it is needed by a large group of Kodi users who are using Kodi in the bedroom.

Not everyone is sitting 10 foot distance any more..

A large group of kodi users are lying in bed watching their media library.

When we press play on the Kore remote app,
we find it annoying when Kodi happens to be out of focus / hidden by some other windows program.

And there's no way to get it to gain Focus and be ON TOP unless we get out of bed,
Go to our mouse / keyboard, and get Kodi in FOCUS and ON TOP.

This is very much needed feature.

It should be added to
-Settings or
-AdvanceSettings xml

Yes it may be desirable, but given it is not core functionality oriented, you might not find a developer wanting to do it. Developers scratch itches, if no one has the itch for this it won't be done.

Of course you could use this as an opportunity to get into kodi coding yourself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-31, 14:09)nickr Wrote: Yes it may be desirable, but given it is not core functionality oriented, you might not find a developer wanting to do it. Developers scratch itches, if no one has the itch for this it won't be done.

Of course you could use this as an opportunity to get into kodi coding yourself.

They added a setting for advancesettings

-ALWAYSONTOP

this is for desktop usage, but it is not as useful, also that is not part of core functionality..

===

As much as I like to do kodi coding, it is too complex for me,

Also it would not be part of the official release.

======

You must admit there is large group of users who installed Kodi on the desktop PC in their bedroom etc..

Not everyone has money to build a HTPC for living room, one for bedroom and one as a Desktop PC.

Also a lot of people would have one powerful desktop pc in their bedroom, that doubles as their HTPC as well.
So I don't think I am a minority on this issue.

======

If you use Kodi on your desktop PC in your bedroom etc..

You will see how much useful and needed, this feature would be.
It's not about dedicated HTPC. It's about using Kodi as fullscreen app with priority focus. Kodi is not desinged to be run in window and switchable around on tab like other media player.

I'm also using Desktop PC running Kodi in bedroom. Using Launch4Kodi helps a lot with focus problem. Search for it.
(2015-06-01, 10:03)oldpoem Wrote: It's not about dedicated HTPC. It's about using Kodi as fullscreen app with priority focus. Kodi is not desinged to be run in window and switchable around on tab like other media player.

I'm also using Desktop PC running Kodi in bedroom. Using Launch4Kodi helps a lot with focus problem. Search for it.

It does not matter what was designed for..

As long as kodi supports window mode, then it must have a way of keep it on top while it is playing the movie...

Else don't even have window mode at all then.

===

Also your point about what it was design for is flawed..
Cos it was originally design for xbox only to viewable on a TV screen from 10 feet etc...

Well guess what, things changed

It now supported on PC, mediaplayers, Tablets, phones..

So not every one is viewing it on a TV at 10 feet anymore..therefore not using it the way it was designed for.

So to support PC, then you must have an option to keep the player on top of other windows while the movie is playing.

And if we installed it in our desktop / HTPC in our bedroom then we don't always want it to be fullscreen all the time, if we are also doing something else at the same time.

====
As I have said, I have no interest installing extra programs in my system tray (hogging more cpu and ram) to do something that can be implemented in the program itself
and just for the sake of one program.

I already have heaps of system programs running as it is.

====

I do not know why some people are so opposed to this much needed feature.

It is not like I am asking it to be forced for all users.
If you don't need it, then don't enable.

While others who do, can use it.

Just give us an option to enable it in
-settings or
-advance settings
You are getting very repetitive and boring now. Please stop.
(2015-06-01, 10:42)nickr Wrote: You are getting very repetitive and boring now. Please stop.

no one force u to be in my thread or read it.

why don't you mind your own business!

please leave
Quote:I do not know why some people are so opposed to this much needed feature.

Not needed.
(2015-06-01, 12:11)helta Wrote:
Quote:I do not know why some people are so opposed to this much needed feature.

Not needed.

why don't you go to some other thread, troll....

i don't care what you think?
It's pretty clear nobody cares what you think either.

Just think of all the exercise you will get from getting off your bed and walking over to your "desktop".

Anyways, good luck with your feature being implemented.
(2015-06-01, 14:10)helta Wrote: It's pretty clear nobody cares what you think either.

Just think of all the exercise you will get from getting off your bed and walking over to your "desktop".

Anyways, good luck with your feature being implemented.

It's pretty clear you are a troll that have no life..
other than trolling other people's thread.

You made it pretty clear you don't like the feature..
By continuing posting you are not telling me anything new ..
You are now just being an annoying troll.
After this thread was reported for 'trolling' my attention was focused on it.

Reading this entire thread I am just closing it.
Noone is adding any new information, especially not the original poster who is as much as fault as the rest.

Let us leave it at this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on top while playing0