• 112(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Removed as posted in the wrong area Sad
(2016-10-19, 09:55)Binjuice Wrote: Removed as posted in the wrong area Sad
Huh? Empty post.
I'm having apps that won't open and give an error and I have to go clear cache on them to open them. WatchEspn is the worst. Any suggestions?
(2016-10-20, 13:04)Axxel6307 Wrote: I'm having apps that won't open and give an error and I have to go clear cache on them to open them. WatchEspn is the worst. Any suggestions?

Yes, go ask the developers of the app(s) you are having issues with.

This is a Kodi forum, not a device forum or a forum for other apps.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Stupid question? Just got one of these. Upgrading from a Wetek core. Why can't I get the refresh rate matching to work? Everything is 60hz. Worked on the core. What am I missing? Thanks.
I need TP for my bunghole
Are you running 3.2? Are you using SPMC or Kodi? If you're using Kodi, you should get the Beta 3. Then just make sure the setting for 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' is set to on (and turn off Sync Playback to Display if you want passthrough audio).
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
I was using the Kodi from the play store. I need a different one? Will check i out. I know how to set up the other stuff..it's just not working as it should do...and since it was working on my other android box, I wondered if i was missing something. Thanks.
You don't want to use the Kodi from the play store, either side load Beta 3 or use SPMC.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Okay. Good to know. Thanks.
Up until now I had my SATV connected to my TV (like all other devices) and then the TV connected to my Soundbar through ARC. I then followed this documentation:

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Reco...-Receivers

And connected the SATV to my Soundbar and the Soundbar to the TV (still through the ARC ports on both the TV and the Soundbar). Enabled all the settings just like explained in the link above. I know that my Soundbar is the one decoding the audio because there's an option to display the audio type in the Soundbar.

Now my issue...

With this setup - passthrough - every video I play has a bit of stutter in the beginning. It plays fine after these 2 seconds of stuttering but it's still kinda of annoying. Also, sometimes (not always, most of the times I don't see this) this stuttering cause the audio to become out of sync and that sucks.

Any thoughts on how can I possible fix this?
(2016-10-21, 19:43)sisyphus Wrote: Stupid question? Just got one of these. Upgrading from a Wetek core. Why can't I get the refresh rate matching to work? Everything is 60hz. Worked on the core. What am I missing? Thanks.

Because I don't think the developers either understand the box or what people actually want from a decent media player, mine is going on eBay and I am going to buy one of those Zidoo X9S instead.
(2016-10-23, 18:35)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2016-10-21, 19:43)sisyphus Wrote: Stupid question? Just got one of these. Upgrading from a Wetek core. Why can't I get the refresh rate matching to work? Everything is 60hz. Worked on the core. What am I missing? Thanks.

Because I don't think the developers either understand the box or what people actually want from a decent media player, mine is going on eBay and I am going to buy one of those Zidoo X9S instead.

Not sure what you guys are complaining about cause i have two SATV and both work perfectly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-23, 01:59)Nazgulled Wrote: Up until now I had my SATV connected to my TV (like all other devices) and then the TV connected to my Soundbar through ARC. I then followed this documentation:

And connected the SATV to my Soundbar and the Soundbar to the TV (still through the ARC ports on both the TV and the Soundbar). Enabled all the settings just like explained in the link above. I know that my Soundbar is the one decoding the audio because there's an option to display the audio type in the Soundbar.

Now my issue...

With this setup - passthrough - every video I play has a bit of stutter in the beginning. It plays fine after these 2 seconds of stuttering but it's still kinda of annoying. Also, sometimes (not always, most of the times I don't see this) this stuttering cause the audio to become out of sync and that sucks.

either disable passthrough or disable refreshrate switching. This is not SATV related but all Android
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-23, 18:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 18:35)DaMacFunkin Wrote:

Not sure what you guys are complaining about cause i have two SATV and both work perfectly.
They work for perfectly for what you are using them for, they do not work perfectly for the things i want them to do yet they certainly used to do them:
- There is no way to playback 4K 10bit HEVC files in 24hz, only 60hz, if you set kodi/spmc to force refresh rate it switches to 8bit RGB output.
- If you set the shield to output in 4k 24hz you can not stream from Netflix in 4k, it may give you the option to choose from the 4k section, but it will only offer you it in HD, Check the difference:
This is with the shield set to 4k60hz

And the shield set to 4k24hz,

You can clearly see i am choosing a 4k title but the tag is only HD, and only streams in 1080 with the shield up-converting the output to 2160.
(2016-10-23, 18:42)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 01:59)Nazgulled Wrote: Up until now I had my SATV connected to my TV (like all other devices) and then the TV connected to my Soundbar through ARC. I then followed this documentation:

Now my issue...

either disable passthrough or disable refreshrate switching. This is not SATV related but all Android
I believe refresh rate switching is already disabled, but I'll double check when I get home. Thanks.

Disabling pass-through is disabling the feature, not fixing the issue.

So you're saying that there's nothing that can be done from a software (Kodi/SPMC) point of view? In other words, if there's something that needs fixing, is something in Android itself?
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6