• 24(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Hello guys,
I got my SATV a few weeks ago and it is far and away the best android box I have used.
If you have not already tried, try HALauncher, it is free and is way more powerful and customiseable than chainfire's app solution as it can replace the leanback launcher completely and works pretty well - a few crashes but worth it.

Cheers,
Mark.
I sometimes have problems with format, instead of showing the video full-screen it gets shown with black bar on both top and bottom. You can see that the screen has been "compressed".

For example, when showing live tv as in photo below. It shows clearly after I pressed Y to get back to the channel listing.

This is not exclusive for live TV though, it is like this my movies as well.

If I change the setting "Set display refresh rate: On start/stop" and set that to Off, I never get this problem.

Hi everyone;

Just bought a Shield PRO device to replace my kinda old Popcorn Hour C300 that died last week.

Freshly unpacked, I just put KODI on it (Google play store version), and tried to set up the different network share on my NAS (through Gigabit LAN connection)... and this is where I am facing a bit of disappointment

Everything works : audio passthrough (DTS), share browsing (NFS or SMB), all formats are played... but when it come to smoothness, I am not very satisfied (not in 4K, 1080p only) vs my old popcorn.
Not a single bluray rip MKV 10gig+ is played flawlessly, there are always kinda of shutter when big traveling and so on.

As I am using Ethernet port, this can't be the issue... I tried to go in the system settings to see what I could change, I unchecked the 2 filters and saw a slight improvment, but overall, this is not as perfect as I would expect for such a high end device. I know KODI is a very nice multi platform system and I can understand it can't run perfectly everywhere, but maybe there's a tric (of advancedsettings.xml trick for example) that could fix this little annoyance...if there's anyone that can help it would be much appreciated !!

thanks !
Bil
Probably a refresh rate issue. There are settings in Kodi to switch your TVs refresh rate to match the content.
Hi,

thanks for your answer, I was about to reply, after yesterday's investigation, I indeed managed to fix 100% my issues by checking both :
"Adjust Display Refresh Rate" & "Sync Playback to Display"

Thanks a lot for the provided answer, now it works really great. I now need to check forums & sites to find some cool extensions for Kodi Smile

Bil
Usually I update my Kodi with the latest nightly every week or so on my old android device.

I just received my Shield TV and I tried to install and run a nightly, specifically 20150902-93fba06 but it freezes the shield at a black screen forcing me to unplug the power to the unit. I've since used the version from the play store and haven't had any issues.

Where can I locate the latest functioning test builds that will work for the shield?
The alpha 2 for 16.0 worked for me well enough. U had the same problem with Fridays build.
(2015-06-23, 21:49)reluctantflux Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 20:50)Novin Wrote: And I like the long press initiative, I think that will work fine.

I agree. Is there a way to incorporate long presses manually currently, or do I need to wait until it is incorporated into the nightlies?

(2015-06-24, 03:56)Ned Scott Wrote: It won't be included until v15 is released and the code is open for new features again. In other words, you'll have to wait for the nightlies to be based on v16. However, I'm sure someone will throw up a modified v15 with the long press. Maybe Koying might throw up another SPMC version, for example. If not, then maybe we'll do a special test build that people can pick up. We do want to test the feature and figure out good keymaps, after all Smile

One way or another, it will be possible to hold people over until it's officially in Kodi. I'm looking forward to this a whole lot, as well Big Grin

Hi guys, Are we making any progress with the long press on the sheild remote as a menu button? Is it in the latest nightly's? Got a remote here with is pretty much redundant until it in incorporated :-(
It's in the nightly builds.
I got a Full SBS 3D mkv file but when playing back on Kodi the 3D mode button is greyed out.
Anyone else have this issue?
Just a general question. Is the Shield compatible with all android apps. For example, I believe HBO Now is available for FireTV and on the Google Play Store. Does this mean that HBO Now will run on the Shield?
Hi everyone.

Just upgrade 2 windows 10 on my computer and now im trying 2 access my shared libraries like i always have done from kodi.

But now kodi does not show the holde content of the lib, and the content even changes for every new time i try 2 enter the lib.I have tryed updating alle drivers one my computer and used the monthlig build of kodi.

Have tryed 2 google the problem, but did not have any luck hobe u guys can help me.
Is there a way to make a shortcut to shield settings menu or the Leanback Launcher? Neither show in apps with the other android programs.
(2015-09-16, 16:27)Avenger09 Wrote: Is there a way to make a shortcut to shield settings menu or the Leanback Launcher? Neither show in apps with the other android programs.

What do you use to control the sheild? I use a harmony remote and there was a home key option in it. I'm sure the controller if you press the nvdia button on it will take you back to the android home screen

I haven't looked at adding it somehow inside kodi.

Cheers!
(2015-09-16, 16:47)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 16:27)Avenger09 Wrote: Is there a way to make a shortcut to shield settings menu or the Leanback Launcher? Neither show in apps with the other android programs.

What do you use to control the sheild? I use a harmony remote and there was a home key option in it. I'm sure the controller if you press the nvdia button on it will take you back to the android home screen

I haven't looked at adding it somehow inside kodi.

Cheers!
I use xbmc as my launcher and the only functionality I miss is settings and accessory update shortcut. Being able to go to leanback would help if there's no direct access.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6