• 7(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-06-10, 05:21)reluctantflux Wrote: Do you have frame rate switching and hd audio though?

i assume not, considering i am using the stock android kodi - i have a 4k tv and a shield tv box, but no 4k content and a decent at best sound bar. there is the option to optimize hdmi for smoothness or for image quality, or something along those lines, that it says is only applicable for 4k devices
(2015-06-09, 15:15)reluctantflux Wrote: Does anyone have ServerWMC PVR add-on working with the test build? It keeps telling me that a PVR add-on is not enabled even though I just enabled it.
Could it be that you might need a 64-bit ARM version of each PVR client addon library for them to work properly on the Nvidia Shield Android TV as it has a 64-bit CPU?

Though the 64-bit version of Android OS should be backwards-compatible with 32-bit Android apps, and I think the Kodi main binary is only compiled for 32-bit ARM?
(2015-06-10, 11:41)RockerC Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 15:15)reluctantflux Wrote: Does anyone have ServerWMC PVR add-on working with the test build? It keeps telling me that a PVR add-on is not enabled even though I just enabled it.
Could it be that you might need a 64-bit ARM version of each PVR client addon library for them to work properly on the Nvidia Shield Android TV as it has a 64-bit CPU?

Though the c version of Android OS should be backwards-compatible with 32-bit Android apps, and I think the Kodi main binary is only compiled for 32-bit ARM?

This could very well be the issue. I'm not sure how I'd even identify that, though. As it seems related only to the Shield branch, would this be something to bring up with Koying or with KrustyReturns in the ServerWMC forum?
(2015-06-10, 11:41)RockerC Wrote:

Though the c version of Android OS should be backwards-compatible with 32-bit Android apps, and I think the Kodi main binary is only compiled for 32-bit ARM?

No, there should be no difference and it shouldn't matter if it's 64-bit or 32-bit.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi! @Koying
Can u help me with the remote . I can't bring the menu for refresh, with the 0 button on remote. If i push 0 button it take out of Kodi to NVIDIA mane skin.
Any Key map or fix.

Thanks
(2015-06-11, 07:05)shuvro Wrote: I can't bring the menu for refresh,

Do you mean update the library? You can do this by pressing to the left from within the media library.
The “O” on the remote and controller will take you to the Shield home screen, this is mapped to remote as the Menu button. There is a Kodi Keymap Editor, see here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767
(2015-06-11, 07:53)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 07:05)shuvro Wrote: I can't bring the menu for refresh,

Do you mean update the library? You can do this by pressing to the left from within the media library.
The “O” on the remote and controller will take you to the Shield home screen, this is mapped to remote as the Menu button. There is a Kodi Keymap Editor, see here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767

Hi!
I want “O” not to take Shield home screen from kodi. I want “O” to open menu on kodi's any addons . how can i map by Kodi Keymap Editor. My remote NVIDIA SHIELD TV remote.
Can u pls help me by step by step guide pls.

Thanks
I take it that only the releases here with the word Shield in the name are to be used on the Shield?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/arm/

I see the newest release is today but doesnt say its for Shield. Just making sure before this Kodi noob goes messing with it.
hifiaudio2,

Yes, you would want to use the ones with Shield in the name. I'm personally running the 0608 version and have framerate switching working. ServerWMC is broken though, so that's a bummer. I'm using the HDHomerun Add-on for now for live tv, but no timeshift, or recording with that. Other than that, it seems stable. Not sure if HDAudio is working or not, it is supposed to be. I can check tonight if you'd like.
If I can get it up and running I will run a check for HD audio as well. Feel free to check too! Smile Who knows, with me not knowing Kodi yet it could just be a setting if I say it doesnt work.
(2015-06-11, 16:06)reluctantflux Wrote: hifiaudio2,

Yes, you would want to use the ones with Shield in the name. I'm personally running the 0608 version and have framerate switching working. ServerWMC is broken though, so that's a bummer. I'm using the HDHomerun Add-on for now for live tv, but no timeshift, or recording with that. Other than that, it seems stable. Not sure if HDAudio is working or not, it is supposed to be. I can check tonight if you'd like.

(2015-06-11, 16:08)hifiaudio2 Wrote: If I can get it up and running I will run a check for HD audio as well. Feel free to check too! Smile Who knows, with me not knowing Kodi yet it could just be a setting if I say it doesnt work.

reverted the OP link back to the actual shield build (error on my part).
No need to check HD audio as it won't work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks! I thought I was going crazy so I edited my post. How do I get the image on the first post to be the splash screen for Kodi on my Shield? I tried putting it in the android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/media but that didn't work. Am I putting it in the wrong spot? There weren't any other files in that directory.
Hi Guys,

I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the Nvidia Shield TV via USB or over the Network.

I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles.

The link below will direct you to the download page where you will find the app.

Download website link:
http://goo.gl/4FiQCT

1. Unzip the folders to "C:\NSTV"
2. Launch app "Nvidia Shield TV Utility App.exe"

I've only tested it on Win8, but should work on Win7 as well.

Feel free to ask any question's, post any comments or concerns, or make suggestions for things you might like to see
(2015-06-11, 16:15)reluctantflux Wrote: Thanks! I thought I was going crazy so I edited my post. How do I get the image on the first post to be the splash screen for Kodi on my Shield? I tried putting it in the android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/media but that didn't work. Am I putting it in the wrong spot? There weren't any other files in that directory.

Did you rename the image to splash.png?

(2015-06-11, 22:15)imtiajmeah Wrote: Hi Guys,

I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the Nvidia Shield TV via USB or over the Network.

I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles.

The link below will direct you to the download page where you will find the app.

Download website link:
http://goo.gl/4FiQCT

1. Unzip the folders to "C:\NSTV"
2. Launch app "Nvidia Shield TV Utility App.exe"

I've only tested it on Win8, but should work on Win7 as well.

Feel free to ask any question's, post any comments or concerns, or make suggestions for things you might like to see

Add that to the first post. Let me know when you update and I'll update the link.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did not rename the image. The YouTube video I found didn't. I will test it tonight. Thanks!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6