Android Need Clarification for Config of HDHomerun Prime PTVL
Folks,

I have tried various configurations in order to get my HDHomerun Prime to work, correctly, with PseudoTV Live 0.6.2a using the HDHomerun Live TV 2015.5.22 add-on for XBMC Gotham. I have referred to all postings and web searched this topic to death. I have found the following:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1914025

settings2.xml formatting:

_type" value="8" --- LiveTV w/ XMLTV EPG Chtype
_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" --- Zapit XMLTV Channel ID found in your XMLTV file.
_2" ]value="hdhomerun://..." --- This is the source of your LiveTV stream; Examples include:

_2" value="hdhomerun://..." --- Direct Hdhomerun
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" /> *for HDHomerun OTA ATSC TunerHuh

NO GO: <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“hdhomerun://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2” />

<setting id=“Channel_2_type” value=“8” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_1” “value=“I2.10760.percdata.com” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“hdhomerun://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_3” value=“xmltv” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rulecount” value=“1” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_changed” value=“False” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_time” value=“44968” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_1_id” value=“1” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1” “value=“2 KTVU Fox” />

NO GO: <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2" />

<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="I2.10760.percdata.com" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="44968" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="2 KTVU Fox" />

I am using DVBlink as the PVR backend. All I needed to interface my HDHomerun Prime to DVBlink was a .mu3 file:

DVBlink prime.mu3:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:2,KTVU Ch. 2
http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2?duration=14400

All references to getting HDHR-3S streams suggest using an "http://" URL. And, it works with DVBlink in this manner.

I was able to get PseudoTV Live to play in XBMC Gotham using the following:

Works channel entry sample:

<setting id=“Channel_2_1” value=“I2.10760.percdata.com” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“\HDHRPRIME\STRMS\v2.strm” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_3” value=“xmltv” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_time” value=“44968” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1” value=“2 KTVU Fox” />

Streams file sample:

\HDHRPRIME\STRMS\v2.strm:
http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2

Unforturnately, my Andriod 4.4.2 (kitkat)-based Beelink R89 ARM Server seems to have the channel being viewed "freeze" every 3-4 hours. This happens when I'm using LiveTV in the XBMC or the PseudoTV Live 0.6.2a add-on in XMBC Gotham. The HDHomerun Live TV 2015.5.22 add-on for XBMC does not have this problem. BUT, the HDHR Live TV app does not present more than a 1 day EPG. This is why I would LUV to use PTVL instead.

I would like to use the HDHomerun Live TV 2015.5.22 add-on with XBMC Gotham as the viewer. I just can't seem to peg the right format for the settings2.xml file in order to have this happen.

Can someone clarify or provide the proper configuration for this integration? Is it:

1) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“hdhomerun://<ip_address>/blah-blah"
2) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“hdhomerun://<FQDN>/blah-blah"
3) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“hdhomerun://<HDHR-3_MAC_or_DeviceID>/blah-blah"
4) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“http://<ip_address>/blah-blah"
5) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“<absolute_strm-filename_path)"
6) <setting id=“Channel_2_2” value=“<absolute_mu3-filename_path)"
7) none of the above

I see that this entry can also be used, but I haven't tried it as I don't know if the smb://XXX is an IP address or an FQDN requiring DNS resolution:

_2" value="smb://XXX/Hdhomerun XBMC/NY1.strm" --- Direct strm file (currently only one tuner is supported)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Cerafin
Why are you manually editing the channels? use the inapp manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XLrB9Jy718
https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...1823534081
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I appreciated the prompt response. Thank you.

So, I did try the inapp manager:

https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...1823534081

After reviewing the silent movie example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XLrB9Jy718

Not too hard to catch the general idea with these two resources. Again, thank you.

But, It was not readily apparent as to how I could achieve my goal of PseudoTV Live (PTVL) with HDHomerun Prime (HDHR-3) App using XBMC/KODI viewer with an EPG. I was able to get the following HDHR-3 support in the settings2.xml after using the PTVL inapp channel manager's "HDHomerun" extended selection with the main selection of "Live TV":

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="7364" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="ktvu" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="5" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

HDHR-3 App use ROCKED! I had just under 72 hours of non-stop programming on a single channel. This was much better than the pvr:// source of the same channel which only went 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately, I could not get the "pvr", "zapit" or "scheduledirect (Coming Soon)" selections providing an EPG data.

I, then, switched to using the "Live TV" main selection with the "pvr" extended selection in the PTVL inapp channel manager. The settings2.xml file reflected the following:

<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="7364" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/1.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="KNTV Ch. 3 PVR" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />

This provided me a full EPG from my DVBlink server, as well as a proxy of 1 of the 3 HDHR-3 tuner' programming into PTVL. Unfortunately, I was limited to 3-4 hours of programming before the channel just froze-up.

I was hoping that the "pvr" selection, in the PTVL inapp channel manager, would "pull" the EPG from the DVBlink server. But, I could not seem to make this happen via the PTVL inapp channel manager or messing with entries in the settings2.xml file. I tried to use my PercData EPG info directly from PTVL instead of my DVBlink server:

<setting id=“Channel_2_time” value=“311” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_1” value=“2” />
<setting id=“Channel_2” value=“http://192.168.1.100:5004/auto/v2” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_3” value=“I2.10760.percdata.com” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1” value=“2 KTVU Fox” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_2_id” value=“13” />
<setting id=“Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1” value=“24” />

But, the Perc Data info is probably in the same status as that of the scheduledirect (Coming Soon). So, I will wait for scheduledirect (Coming Soon), but I hope that Perc Data also makes it as it seems to be the same provider site and is the only integrated USA offering, from DVBlogic, supported by their DVBlink backend PVR product. I have the Windows 7 DVBlink product on a Dell i7 PC with 8 GB of RAM and 2T HDD.

Again, my platform is Andriod Kitkat ARM (Beelink R89) with XBMC Gotham, as well as the latest PTVL and HDHomerun App releases. I've had some strange disappearances of the PTVL inapp channel manager, as well as having the channel manager display as an overlay during the "Initiating Channels" screen and into the actual channel programming appearing. I had to use the "go back" arrow to make it go away. So, I don't know if I'm fighting Android-platform related issues. The channel manager also seems to randomly reset in the middle of entering channels and channel data. So, adding 300 cable channels is killing me as all is lost in the resets.

I also don't know why PTVL configuration seems to stomp a manually edited settings2.xml. This is the case no matter how careful I am to preserve the XML and use the right directory. How can I debug why my customized settings2.xml file is not being sourced by PTVL at startup? Or, why it might puke in trying to source it... Why does PTVL always want to autotune? Even after I've used the PTVL channel manager? This happens on every attempt at using the channel manager regardless of how many or how little channels I add/program.

Is my HDHomerun plus PVR selections the wrong resource for EPG info?

What is recommended? Or, is it just a matter of waiting for the "Coming Soon" functionality?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very familiar with the "no good deed goes unpunished" portion of any great endeavor. I have over 25 years in tech support for many data network/VOIP OEMs and integrators. I really appreciate PTVL and its ultimate fulfillment of its worthy promise. I'm just struggling with the same tech support level bogies in any living product; doc's accuracy, unknown bugs, platform-related issues and incomplete/confusing snippets from end users, as well as the plethora of heart felt kind and generous intentions in forums postings. I really wish I was better able to help in this effort. But, I'm just a non-programmer hdw/sfw tech support guy trying to better the quality of my time off the case queues in a frugal and thoroughly enjoyable manner.

TIA,

Cerafin
I think you're missing some PseudoTV Live fundamentals... for example, livetv (chtype 8) requires EPG data, currently PTVL only accepts xmltv files and Kodi PVR Backend. In the future it will provide data directly from listening providers like schedule direct.

If I were you, I would find a proper source for xmltv Listings (search the net.. it's a common format). Once you have a actively updated xmltv file, set it's path in PTVL. Select autotune Hdhomerun Prime.

If all your xmltv data matches channel names, you won't be bothered... if they don't you will be asked to match listing to channels.

I always recommend new users read and search the forums thoroughly... PTVL works 100% with Hdhomerun, any issues would be user error.

Enjoy
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Corrected URL and uploaded corrected file archive to DropBox xmltv.xml and settings2.xml location...

(2015-06-02, 14:28)Lunatixz Wrote: I think you're missing some PseudoTV Live fundamentals... for example, livetv (chtype 8) requires EPG data, currently PTVL only accepts xmltv files and Kodi PVR Backend. In the future it will provide data directly from listening providers like schedule direct.

If I were you, I would find a proper source for xmltv Listings (search the net.. it's a common format). Once you have a actively updated xmltv file, set it's path in PTVL. Select autotune Hdhomerun Prime.

If all your xmltv data matches channel names, you won't be bothered... if they don't you will be asked to match listing to channels.

I always recommend new users read and search the forums thoroughly... PTVL works 100% with Hdhomerun, any issues would be user error.

Enjoy

Hello Folks!

I did a lot of reading in this forum and educated myself on the xmltv.xml file which resulted in my successfully being able to perform an autotune of the HDHR Prime directory of STRM files which using a designated xmltv.xml. Just as the posts in this forum stated, I created an xmltv.xml file using the xmltv.exe executable for Windows and www.schedulesdirect.com I configured PseudoTV Live to perform the autotune with this info (e.g. HDhomerun Dual-Strms). All the channels in the xmltv.xml file were discovered and the 3-day epg was also visible.

I had a small cosmetic hiccup that I wanted to ask about in this posting.

It seems that the epg showed a channel order of:

epg
epg station channel displayed
channel name in upper-left on select
1 9 HDHR 1
2 8 HDHR 2
3 7 HDHR 3
4 6 HDHR 4
5 599 HDHR 5
6 55 HDHR 6
7 54 HDHR 7
8 53 HDHR 8
9 52 HDHR 9
10 51 HDHR 10

I tried placing "0"s before the single- and double-digit numbers used for the .strm filenames (002.strm, 003.strm, 010.strm, etc.), but this didn't change a thing. I was never prompted for matching unknown channels during the autotune.

The Configure Channels tool shows the same out-of-order list of channels. Making corrections in this tool does allow me to match-up the channels. But, this means setting the source, browsing channels, channel name and channel ID. With over 100 channels discovered, I had to cut-down the channels in the .strm files directory. So, I'm presenting the smaller list in this post.

If I have to use the Configure Channels tool, I may as well do all my channels config this way, but the 0.6.2a I'm stuck with ("prerequisites not met - contact author" error on all update attempts) continuously quits after a couple dozen channels added. The out-of-order channels are my only drawback on an exceptional application.

For anyone interested in reviewing the actuals, I have posted the full set of files & STRM files directory at:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80127...ID-ARM.exe

And, yes, I'm using a Beelink R89 ARM device with Kitkat Andriod and Gotham XBMC. I am not using a Windows PC for anything but external configuration creations and edits.

Here are some snippets of the directory and files involved in my configuration:

DIRECTORY: HDHRPRIME

2.strm
3.strm
4.strm
5.strm
6.strm
7.strm
8.strm
9.strm
10.strm
599.strm

FILE: xmltv.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="http://www.schedulesdirect.org/" source-info-name="Schedules Direct" generator-info-name="XMLTV/$Id: tv_grab_na_dd.in,v 1.87 2014/09/30 15:30:16 rmeden Exp $" generator-info-url="http://www.xmltv.org/">
<channel id="I10760.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KTVU</display-name>
<display-name>2 KTVU</display-name>
<display-name>2</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10600.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KNTV</display-name>
<display-name>3 KNTV</display-name>
<display-name>3</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10672.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KRON</display-name>
<display-name>4 KRON</display-name>
<display-name>4</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10641.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KPIX</display-name>
<display-name>5 KPIX</display-name>
<display-name>5</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10507.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KICU</display-name>
<display-name>6 KICU</display-name>
<display-name>6</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10479.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KGO</display-name>
<display-name>7 KGO</display-name>
<display-name>7</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10736.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KTSF</display-name>
<display-name>8 KTSF</display-name>
<display-name>8</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10653.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KQED</display-name>
<display-name>9 KQED</display-name>
<display-name>9</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="I10717.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>KQEH</display-name>
<display-name>10 KQEH</display-name>
<display-name>10</display-name>
</channel>

FILE: settings2.xml

<settings>
<setting id="LastExitTime" value="1435028752" />
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I10760.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//9.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="9 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="I10653.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//8.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="8 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_3_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_3_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_3_1" value="I10736.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_3_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//7.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_3_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_opt_1" value="7 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_3_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_3_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_4_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_4_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_4_1" value="I10479.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_4_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//6.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_4_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_opt_1" value="6 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_5_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="I55243.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//599.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_5_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="599 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_6_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_6_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_6_1" value="I12510.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_6_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//55.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_6_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_6_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_6_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_6_rule_1_opt_1" value="55 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_6_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_6_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_6_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_7_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_7_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_7_1" value="I18151.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_7_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//54.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_7_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rule_1_opt_1" value="54 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_7_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_7_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_8_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_8_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_8_1" value="I11007.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_8_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//53.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_8_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_8_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_8_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_8_rule_1_opt_1" value="53 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_8_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_8_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_8_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_9_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_9_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_9_1" value="I12499.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_9_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//52.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_9_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_1_opt_1" value="52 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_9_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_9_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_10_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_10_time" value="2871" />
<setting id="Channel_10_1" value="I16331.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_10_2" value="/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/HDHRPRIME//51.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_10_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_opt_1" value="51 HDHR" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_2_opt_1" value="24" />
<setting id="Channel_10_changed" value="False" />

As usual, any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cerafin
Folks - please refer to this URL for the latest iteration of HDHR Prime support in PTVL. I would say the actual config and integration steps are getting clearer. BUT, it's a matter of one step forward three steps back.

2046544 (post)

Might I STRONGLY suggest the Siliconduct HDHomerun PVR solution? Much less heartburn with hardware/software starting at $249 for 4TB WD NAS. Check it out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Clarification for Config of HDHomerun Prime PTVL0