If I update to Kodi Helix 14.2 will I loose all my add-ons
Hi, I have recently purchased an MX3 plus Andriod TV Box, which came preloaded with 300+ add ons. The Kodi version is 14.1 and was thinking I should update it since I am getting a playback error for everything (one or more items missing).

However, I don't know if I update to 14.2 will this delete all my add-ons?

I am very new to this, still learning, appreciate the help.
You shouldn't but it's good practice to backup your userdata (wiki) just in case. There ars addons to do this for you.
Awesome, thanks much for the info Smile

One last question, what is the best way to update to 14.2 from my android tv box?
From my tv box, should I open Browser > Go Kodi website > Download 14.2 android x86 version
You want the android ARM version, not x86, methinks.

I turn KODI off and exit to the android launcher, run chrome from there, go to the download page, select the ARM file I want, let it finish downloading and just click on it to install. If it downloads as a text file, use a file explorer to change the file extension to .apk before you click it. If 14.X doesn't run properly after installing, try Isengard -it has worked for a lot of people where 14.X would not from posts I've seen and personal experience on my own S802 based box.

Good luck. Might not hurt to check with the seller or manufacturer's page, if they have one, regarding your best options for upgrading...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If I update to Kodi Helix 14.2 will I loose all my add-ons0