Airparrot lag when streaming Kodi from Mac OS X to Apple TV3
Hi all,

I just recently discovered Kodi and am in love with the interface!

My set up is as follows:

Mac OS X 10.8.5 with AirParrot 1.6.1
Apple TV 3

My home network has both the Mac and Apple tv connected to LAN via ethernet to a TP-Link TD-W8951ND

I can use AirParrot to airplay Kodi to my TV but the problem comes with the video playback. Every 10min or so, there will be significant video lag where the audio will continue (some words may get cut out) but the picture just stays still. Then when it picks back up, the rest of the video will act like its on fast forward to catch up with the audio.

How can I fix this?? My internet connection is pretty good and its not over Wifi so I'm really stuck because its really annoying to have this lag every 10 min or so...

Thanks for any suggestions!!
That's outside of the scope of Kodi. We have no control over the wireless part of displaying things. Most people connect Kodi to a TV using an HDMI cable, and normally with a dedicated box that lives by the TV.
The Apple only ecosystem solution....
Buy a New Mac from the following list that supports Airplay Mirroring of your Mac screen to your ATV3.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201343

yoyolib - Another suggestion is to look into purchasing an Amazon FireTV stick or box as a cheaper solution over purchasing another Mac computer if it is not in your budget. Personally I use the a Mac-Mini connected to the TV via HDMI to avoid AirPlay and multiple devices that actually reduce performance.

I have tested the Amazon FireTV stick ($40) and it works great... plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. There are installation directions here:
***MOD EDIT: removed URL***
Same directions can be applied to the stick. It is rather easy with the ADBFire Tool which is a side loader. You can get that software here:
http://www.jocala.com/adbfire.html

Thanks
Please, no linking to that website.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airparrot lag when streaming Kodi from Mac OS X to Apple TV30