Win Kodi changes size turning off the TV
Question 
First briefly about my setup.

I have an HTPC running Windows 8.1 on an Intel Atom machine with Kodi 14.2 (latest)
Using HDMI audio output to a receiver (repeater) and from the receiver to the TV.

My problem is that everytime I turn off the TV and turn it on again, Kodi has changed size to the double (see screenshot below). The only way to get out of it is to restart Kodi.

Screenshot
I had this same issue with my set up when running windows. It seems to be due to the sync of the video signal through the amp and the screen determining what resolution to use. I switched to using OpenElec instead of windows which not only solved this but also made it a far speedier thing to run.
(2015-05-30, 12:19)jeffski10 Wrote: I had this same issue with my set up when running windows. It seems to be due to the sync of the video signal through the amp and the screen determining what resolution to use. I switched to using OpenElec instead of windows which not only solved this but also made it a far speedier thing to run.

Do you know if I can run Steam on OpenElec? I am using the Steam in-house streaming, so I have no need of installing games on it.

I am not that used to Linux, so that would be a big step for me.
Okay, seems like I fixed it. I changed from using windowed fullscreen to using true fullscreen.

I also fixed it using Launcher4Kodi and start Kodi as the Shell instead of Windows Explorer.

OpenElec did seem interesting if the only thing I was running was Kodi, which is also the reason why Launcher4Kodi did not work for me.
Fullscreen is likely to help - I still had it intermittently mis-behave even doing what you have done but glad you sorted it.
(2015-05-30, 12:36)mbendtsen Wrote: Do you know if I can run Steam on OpenElec? I am using the Steam in-house streaming, so I have no need of installing games on it.
I am not that used to Linux, so that would be a big step for me.
Steam is also available on Linux. They even provide their own Os (SteamOS) based on a stable Linux Debian distribution. A beta version of SteamOS also allows streaming video games from a Windows or Mac PC (several high-end games only have versions for Windows and consoles OS, lesser for the Mac). Thus, yes, logically you should be able to use Steam on OpenElec since the later is also based on a Linux kernel, however you should verify with OpenElec or Steam communities since it's also a minimalistic distro (maybe that some prerequisites/drivers/whatever would be required). You could go the other way around : go with SteamOS instead of OpenElec, and install Kodi on it (SteamOS is a free OpenSource OS software).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi changes size turning off the TV0