Playing 720p content on Hisense 50K390PAD
Xbmclog add-on failed and the temp folder that the log is supposed to be stored in doesn't exist. Any ideas?
For some reason too, XBMC is lightning quick on the TV (in the menus), yet the ATV2 is really slow. I would've thought that meant the TV had more processing power?
The TV probably does have more processing power, but like all things it needs to be properly harnessed to be of use. I'm curious if when you were trying different hardware decoder options you exited KODI by shutting it down and restarted, or even power cycled the TV itself each time? Just wondering if it would make a difference or if you could clearly perceive a change each time you tried different combos of hardware decoding without power cycling?

I'm also wondering if you tried various formats of source material or just the stuff that you had stored on your network which might likely be encoded in a particular file format, etc, that the APTV2 could handle, but KODI on your TV chokes on for some reason? You mentioned that purple-green bit...

I'm just throwing a few ideas out there... maybe food for thought.
Try this: Log file/File manager access (wiki)
Apologies for the delay but I've got a copy of my Debug Log;

http://pastebin.com/BWR1DWKj

Any help would be really appreciated.
Log shows at least two video files. Did both play poorly? The first one should have been okay.
The first video was a 720p 4GB .mkv file. It used to play stutter really bad (2 seconds nothing, 1 second playing) on Frodo, and now it plays 90% well on Helix. When I say 90% well, I mean that the video is clear and the audio is clear, but the video is very jerky. It wouldn't be watchable.

The second video is 720p x265 format. Black picture almost the whole time.

I'd be happy to get smooth 720p play, but if I could get 1080p then that'd be a real win. Haven't tried 1080p with MX Player yet.
So is there anything I can do? Any way I can have MX Player do the video processing from within Kodi over SMB?
I have same problem, hisense tv, video is perfect in MX player and unwatchable due to stuttering in KODI. Would like a solution.
It's hard to say without seeing it on that specific hardware. The h.265 video could be failing simply because h.265/HEVC support is still somewhat "early" and different boxes might be handling things differently. The jerkyness almost sounds like the judder people describe when the refresh rate isn't spot on, which can be very noticeable depending on the video and display being used.

MXPlayer might be doing things differently that gets around this, but it's hard to say since MXPlayer is closed source and we can't directly compare how they play videos.
Is there anything I can do or try to make it easier for you to diagnose? Happy to be a test case and/or run test software or something. Seems a shame to only be able to play SD content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing 720p content on Hisense 50K390PAD0