v14 Ivue Cannot get remote custom XLMTV file to Work
Hi all, can someone please help.....

I have got PVR Simple Client all working and I am generating my XML file for the EPG. I teste don my local PC and is all working fine. I then uploaded the EPG and M3U files to a server and again the PVR is working all OK.

I am now trying to use Ivue to show my custom EPG. When i go to configure and change the XMLTV type to "Custom" I put in the location of my XML file from my local PC and it all works fine. BUT

I have now uploaded the XML file to the server and I want to point the Ivue custom XML file to the online location http://www.kodithailand.com/repo/iptv/Ko...Vguide.xml

When I do this it will not work I just get an error message saying the program data cannot be loaded.

I know the xml file is all OK as the remote file works fine on PVR Client it just does not work on Ivue.

For some reason it just seems that IVue will no accept a remote location for the XML file. (I even tried calling it .XMLTV but no luck)

Any ideas?

Thanks
AHA...... I found out hot to fix it and add a remote XML file.

You need to add a new Network Location. At first i could not find the right area to add the location so I done it as follows:
1. VIDEOS/FILES/ADDVIDEOS then when the add source box appears click on BROWSE. Go all the way to the bottom and you will see ADD NETWORK LOCATION
2. Scroll through the protocols and select WEB SERVER DIRECTORY.
3. Add the domain name in the SERVER ADDRESS without the HTTP:// for example www.yourdomain.com
4. Add the remote path location where the XML file is located. For example REPOS/IPTV/ (So the final location would be www.yourdomain.com/repos/iptv/)
5. Port = 80
6. As long as the directory is not password protected you wont need to add a username and password.
7. Thats it. You will now have a new Network Location on a remote server.
8. Just click OK and exit back to the Main Screen

Now when you go to Ivue (Or FTV Guide or TV Guide) you can change the XMLTV Type to CUSTOM FILE and then browse. The new network location will show up and you can select the XML file here

Thats It. Load the program and you will have the EPG using the remote XML File.

Phew.....
@jinjok, I have tried the method you have described to add a custom url to iVue Guide. I have succeeded in adding the url, but iVue does not bring the xml file in. I know the file works locally and I have also tried the URL with the original TV Guide within Kodi and it works fine as well. I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ivue Cannot get remote custom XLMTV file to Work0