• 27(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
(2015-11-29, 20:49)TRaSH Wrote: It's not allowed to talk about those add-ons here,
Or any help with it

Sorry. Deleted the post.
(2015-11-15, 12:34)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 11:11)mgonzales Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 07:05)mgonzales Wrote: I just tested using confluence as the skin - no notification popup occurs and the logs dont show any errors:

Code:
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 57.1989746094
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":1,"label":"The Grimm Identity","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm","tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"}}}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

any thing else to try? could another script be impacting yours by chance?

does the "type":"unknown"" in the log file indicate any issues?

thanks,

mario

Sorry to ask again... script is still not working (nothing even tries to appear in the GUI).

Is the following log message in BOLD/RED an issue that may be the reason for nothing being displayed? (it would seem that: tvshowid -1 and type unknown are indicators of an issue)

Code:
Line 1493: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 56.8569335938
    Line 1494: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
    Line 1495: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
    Line 1496: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":3,"label":"Lost Boys","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm",
"tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"
Code:
}}}
    Line 1497: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated - let me know what else I can provide/answer/do to assist figuring this out.

Thanks in advance!

Mario

Good spot Mario, yes that would definitely be the problem. The only time I have seen that reported is when people are using strm files. Unfortunately for strms the metadata is not scraped correctly to the local database. Are you by any chance using strm files?

I did not see your reply - sorry about that...

yes - they are streams via an add-on that can't be named on here... (hint its name rhymes with first book of the bible lol)

any suggestion on how to correct this? (delete video db and re-scrape maybe? it was working up until I switched to Jarvis)
Windows 7 & 10
NextUp Service Notification 1.0.14
Kodi 15.2

I had this running but, at some point it stopped working.
It seems to work fine with .avi files but fails with .strm files.

I have tried installing form the GIT but I still cannot get this run.
I have disabled Settings > Video > Playback > "Play next video automatically"

Here is my log

Thank you
Hi guys,

Sorry but strm files are not officially supported, if you read through this thread the majority of problems are caused by strm files.

Thanks
(2015-12-03, 14:39)im85288 Wrote: Hi guys,

Sorry but strm files are not officially supported, if you read through this thread the majority of problems are caused by strm files.

Thanks

Well hmm will asking nicely to have them supported (at a low priority) change that?

Please ? hehe

I felt obligated to at least ask since they were working for several months with no issues then stopped recently.

Anyway thanks for your hard work and the reply to my earlier Q - now I know that streams are broken.

I am curious what exactly about streams imported into the library / video db is causing the issue?

Thanks again

Mario
The issue I see is that the tvshowid is returned as -1, this in turn leads to not being able to identify the episodes correctly. It may well be fixable (if you look at GitHub) another contributor previously did add strm support but it's not something I personally can or will pursue.

I appreciate this is not the answer many hope for and will accept any PR's from anyone willing to delve further into the details and provide a solution.

Thanks
Hi,
I have the same error as mgonzales above, "tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown", except I am not playing .strm files.

These are .mkv files, over the network via the Emby for Kodi, newest version. Tried with .avi files as well.
I am running Jarvis b2, Titan Jarvis skin, newest. This used to work, but not sure if it was before Jarvis, or
when Jarvis a4 was installed. I tried uninstalling the add-on, removing all the add-on data, and re-installing, and I also tried doing a
Full Re-Sync from the Emby plugin. No change.

My logs are here, http://xbmclogs.com/pga6zomkm

I tried 4 times to try all scenarios I start a file playing,
1. starting from home screen widget
2. starting from a smart playlist
3. starting from the TV show at the season level
4. I enabled "Play" as the "Default Select Action" under Settings->Video->File Lists (set to "Select" for first 3) and
started from the TV show at the season level
This may in fact be related to a core issue. See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16410
Not sure when I can start looking at that.
I love this addon i use it all the time

i know this is off topic but since this is kind of similar does anyone know if there is way to make the Videos default action to "show information" be more like netflix/emby where when you click on a media item it shows a view with information,trailer,unwatch/watched status,chapters etc right now it shows the INFO screen but it feels more like a menu and i rather not let people/KIDS have the ability to refresh the media file and to choose the thumb "GET THUMB"

can a Videos default action be replaced with a addon?
(2015-12-15, 06:16)EMK0 Wrote: I love this addon i use it all the time

i know this is off topic but since this is kind of similar does anyone know if there is way to make the Videos default action to "show information" be more like netflix/emby where when you click on a media item it shows a view with information,trailer,unwatch/watched status,chapters etc right now it shows the INFO screen but it feels more like a menu and i rather not let people/KIDS have the ability to refresh the media file and to choose the thumb "GET THUMB"

can a Videos default action be replaced with a addon?

Video Settings - File Lists > Default select action.
It's down to the skin you use, some will show management functions such as get thumb etc in the info dialog and some will hide it when for example kiosk mode is selected. My advice to you is to experiment with different skins to see if you find one that suits your needs.
(2015-12-15, 10:01)im85288 Wrote: It's down to the skin you use, some will show management functions such as get thumb etc in the info dialog and some will hide it when for example kiosk mode is selected. My advice to you is to experiment with different skins to see if you find one that suits your needs.

Also - most of the newer advanced skin development is being done with a focus on Jarvis so don't overlook skin betas and Jarvis betas in your search. Just remember to make a backup of your Kodi profile directory.

Personally I am biased towards the skin Titan.

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212

Look for a skin that supports the Extended Info addon - sounds like you that's sort of what you want.

The latest post on Kodi.tv that announced Jarvis beta 4 has a list of compatible skins.

Other skins that are a WIP - http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160

Just make a backup if you jump into using betas - the good news is that beta 4 may be followed by beta 5 or even a RC (release candidate) so the code is getting more and more stable with each step towards a final release.

Have fun!

Mario
I'm not sure what he wants is extended info, more an info that does not show management functions (such as changing artwork etc). I have always believed those sort of functions do not belong in the info dialog.

Anyway I've started working on adding a notification to the addon for unwatched episodes that pops up say a random logo from a tv show you haven't seen whilst your watching an episode (after say 10 minutes). Does anyone think this is a useful feature and if so how/what would you like to see? Think of it as a kind of advert for shows in your library. So for example your watching Dexter and after 10 mins it pops up a little logo of say Jessica Jones as you haven't watched that show yet..displays it for about 10 seconds then disappears...
(2015-12-17, 20:06)im85288 Wrote: I'm not sure what he wants is extended info, more an info that does not show management functions (such as changing artwork etc). I have always believed those sort of functions do not belong in the info dialog.

Anyway I've started working on adding a notification to the addon for unwatched episodes that pops up say a random logo from a tv show you haven't seen whilst your watching an episode (after say 10 minutes). Does anyone think this is a useful feature and if so how/what would you like to see? Think of it as a kind of advert for shows in your library. So for example your watching Dexter and after 10 mins it pops up a little logo of say Jessica Jones as you haven't watched that show yet..displays it for about 10 seconds then disappears...
Sounds very cool, I would love to see something like that. Would be nice if it would/could pick similar genre by default when possible.
Also, along the same lines as next up notificatin, would it be possible, when selecting an episode, that a notification could tell you you have a "previously" unwatched episode, with the option to take you to it, either by playing it, or going to season level (to read episode info). For example, I often notice a new episode of a show in my Recently Added widget, and watch it, only to find out later that there was an episode from a previous week that I had not watched yet. That would be very useful. Thanks.
Thanks, yeah trying to pick one from the same genre is a good idea.

The possibility to show a previously unwatched episode would most likely be a skin change, this addon works best when your playing your episodes from the next up widget. Maybe down the line I can add something to notify you when about to select a next up episode that there are earlier unwatched ones but I don't want to make it overly complicated. Cheers
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7