EMM - Unable to Scrape new data
For some reason my install of EMM 1.4.6 is unable to Rescrape new or existing movies. My network connection is fine, no proxies are in use, and all appropriate scrapers are enabled. Until today EMM 1.4.6 worked flawlessly since the release a couple of weeks back.

Here are the errors I'm seeing:
  • Scrape new movie: "No Matches Found"
  • Change Poster: "No poster images could be found. Please check to see if any poster scrapers are enabled"
  • Change Fanart: "No fanart could be found. Please check to see if any fanart scrapers are enabled"

Thoughts?

FYI: I tried reinstalling 1.4.6 on top of the current install. Same results. Network access is fine for all other apps.
Any errors in Log file?
Here are a few errors that came up in the past 15 minutes:

Code:
57:46.8    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain    Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.createGenreThumbs    1    ERROR    createGenreThumbs    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path2
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at EmberAPI.APIXML.GetGenreImage(String strGenre)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.createGenreThumbs(List`1 genres)*   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at EmberAPI.APIXML.GetGenreImage(String strGenre)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.createGenreThumbs(List`1 genres)"
57:53.7    EmberAPI.HTTP    EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage    43    ERROR    "DownloadImage    <http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI5NzAwNDcwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY2MzYzMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg>"    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 207.109.111.42:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"
57:53.8    EmberAPI.HTTP    EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadData    6    ERROR    "DownloadData    <https://raw.github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper/master/EmberMediaManager/My%20Project/AssemblyInfo.vb>"    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 23.235.39.133:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadData(String URL)*   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadData(String URL)"
26:34.8    EmberAPI.Scanner    EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir    28    ERROR    ScanMovieSourceDir    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir(String sSource, String sPath, Boolean bRecur, Boolean bUseFolder, Boolean bSingle, Boolean bGetYear, Boolean doScan)*   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir(String sSource, String sPath, Boolean bRecur, Boolean bUseFolder, Boolean bSingle, Boolean bGetYear, Boolean doScan)"
26:45.3    EmberAPI.Scanner    EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir    28    ERROR    ScanMovieSourceDir    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir(String sSource, String sPath, Boolean bRecur, Boolean bUseFolder, Boolean bSingle, Boolean bGetYear, Boolean doScan)*   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir(String sSource, String sPath, Boolean bRecur, Boolean bUseFolder, Boolean bSingle, Boolean bGetYear, Boolean doScan)"
26:57.4    EmberAPI.Scanner    EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanMovieSourceDir    28    ERROR    ScanMovieSourceDir    "EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
27:51.8    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    1    TRACE    Run generic module <Notifications>    
28:26.1    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    1    WARN    No generic modules defined <AfterUpdateDB_Movie>
Dou you have added own/custom genre in genre filter (Settings -> Misc -> Genre)? Please check that every custom filter has assigned a image. Use the default image if you don't have a specififc.
I have one custom genre that I've been using for ~6 months and never had any issues. As per your suggestion, I just associated the genre with the default image and also found a blank genre that I deleted. I applied the changes, gracefully quit EMM, and restarted. Same results... none of the scrapers work. It's as though EMM thinks there is no Internet connectivity. However, EMM can read the *-poster.jpg, *-fanart.jpg, and *.nfo files located on the NAS where the media are stored.
You can ignore the http error, it's obly if Ember can't download an actor thump in main screen.
I would try to remove and re-add the movie sources.
Thanks it's finally working! I uninstalled everything (except for the settings) and reinstalled EMM again. I also rebooted all the NW devices on my LAN. Not sure what the issue was but I'm glad everything is working. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMM - Unable to Scrape new data0