"TV" in Kodi Does Not Appear, SWMC GetRecorderInfo> error
I've had a similar issue to this in the past, but this time a reboot is not a solution.

Issue: When I open up Kodi, it shows the message at the top "getting epg..." however it comes up and goes away REALLY fast. It fails to go through and load the EPG for the channels, and there is no "TV" menu item as it didn't load correctly. Yesterday I removed 2 tuners from this computer (it thinks 3), ServerWMC shows that I have 7 total, 4 available.

I think the logs will give a better description than I can explain, located here.

There are a lot of these in the logs:
Code:
GetRecorderInfo> error getting rec info from Guid, Guid: 2894d637-ff77-4ddc-a136-3e0d0f29dfd5, error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070490): Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)    at ehiProxy.RecorderMgrClass.FindRecorderByID(Guid guid, IRecorderInfo& ppRecorder)"

Thanks for any help!
if youve removed tuners, did you do a (re)scan in WMC to get the tuners/channels correctly detected/sorted out for the new configuration?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-06-04, 14:34)scarecrow420 Wrote: if youve removed tuners, did you do a (re)scan in WMC to get the tuners/channels correctly detected/sorted out for the new configuration?

Nope...
So if the tuners change in anyway SWMC requires it to be re-initialized?
I am just surprised, as they clearly show as disabled, and WMC works just fine with them missing.
Ideally it should work like you expect, but its not something we have spent any time debugging since it never comes up. Looking at the log, but I can't tell from your first post what the actual tuner configuration is to compare it to what swmc is finding. What is the actual tuner config?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Well, that can be a bit interesting as I believe the 1 tuner that shows as disabled (it is a single tuner) has an issue properly seating in the PCIe slot, and caused it to show as not installed at one point (even though the device is displayed correctly in Device Manager at this time) and I believe WMC has also flagged it as no longer an active device.

Anyhow, I removed one of the 2 716X BDA tuners, so there should still be 1 of those (with 2 tuners) 1 - 2 tuner HDHomerun, and (the problematic one) M780 single tuner for a total of 5 tuners (7 previously).
I'd need to check WMC, however I would assume it will list 4 tuners, and the one that is problematic will not show as currently setup, however installed and ready to be initialized.
Thanks. The problems in the log all seem to be due to the missing BDA tuner, not the 780 tuner. Wmc might know its missing, but in the database that swmc queries it still shows as a valid tuner. I think the best thing to do is like scarecrow said and have wmc recan the channels with this new tuner config. If you don't want to do that, you could also go into the settings of wmc look up the channel sources and disable the missing tuner for each channel (because I am sure you will find that wmc is still listing them).

We could go through and fix all these errors due to missing tuners but it would be a pain to do since I can't test it and since its addressed by just having wmc rescan it doesn't seem worthwhile, at least to me.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Understand.
I rescanned for tuners (I hate how it re adds all the channels!) and all is working well again.
Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"TV" in Kodi Does Not Appear, SWMC GetRecorderInfo> error0