[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]
(2015-06-09, 13:53)Mark142 Wrote: Sorry but would this work with my media stored on my server and kodi clients? I take it I install the server part on my server and then just install the add on on each client? Do i manage my files on my server ? Sorry for the questions I am not quite understanding this but it looks awesome.

Also would this allow me to share my movie library with friends and family over the internet?

Yes, you would install Emby server on your server. There is a web interface to then manage the media on the server. Then install this addon for each client and point them to the server. The addon will sync your Emby server to Kodi's library.

Emby server will allow you to share over the internet. This addon probably would work, but you would need to get it setup pointing to your server correctly from outside your network. Otherwise the various Emby apps can do this as well.
I use Emby for Kodi with my brother's remote server. It is possible to connect outside your network, if that is what you are asking. Smile
(2015-06-09, 13:53)Mark142 Wrote: Sorry but would this work with my media stored on my server and kodi clients?
Yes, just point Emby server to all your media.
Quote: I take it I install the server part on my server and then just install the add on on each client?
Yes.

Quote: Do i manage my files on my server ? Sorry for the questions I am not quite understanding this but it looks awesome.
Yes.

Quote:Also would this allow me to share my movie library with friends and family over the internet?
Yes!
This plugin made me remove the plex docker from my unraid server Smile

No need to use plexbmc with a custom skin, any skin will work

Great job.
Not working for me. I set up the server and the plugin on my laptop running Windows (where my library is located) and installed the plugin again on my PC but when I ran the plugin on my Laptop it recognized the server and all but it removed all my movies and TV shows from the laptop. I also don't have anything on my PC......I guess that is sync'ed OK but since there is nothing left on my Laptop, I don't have a library to sync anymore.

Something I am not doing right but I just don't know what it is.
For support - please visit our Kodi for Emby forum linked in the first post. See the 'How to report a problem' sticky there.
This looks very promising.

Quick question, can you elaborate a little on the transcoding aspect? Does all media get transcoded, or will the files stored on my Unraid server play untouched, just as they do now (from the local network of course)?

If so, if I had a device such as a gen 1 Raspberry Pi, could I choose to transcode video to that device only?

Thanks.
(2015-06-10, 14:55)sdsnyr94 Wrote: This looks very promising.

Quick question, can you elaborate a little on the transcoding aspect? Does all media get transcoded, or will the files stored on my Unraid server play untouched, just as they do now?

If so, if I had a device such as a gen 1 Raspberry Pi, could I choose to transcode video to that device only?

Thanks.

Yes you can because you can override the transcode settings on each Kodi device.
By default it will try to use the direct (SMB) path, if that fails it will use direct streaming (the server streams the entire contents of the file as-is) and a a last resort it will go transcoding. You can force the transcode in the plugin's settings by setting a max bandwidth
im trying to use this for downloading my music artist fanart but for the life of me it isnt . all im getting is an album nfo even tho ive enabled all diskart , fantart etc . any ideas where im going wrong ? im positive its set to my music folder . even tried narrowing it down to just one album . all tagged and listed nice within kodi btw
(2015-06-10, 18:56)paulsk231 Wrote: im trying to use this for downloading my music artist fanart but for the life of me it isnt . all im getting is an album nfo even tho ive enabled all diskart , fantart etc . any ideas where im going wrong ? im positive its set to my music folder . even tried narrowing it down to just one album . all tagged and listed nice within kodi btw
Why not just use Musicbrainz?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Is there any possibility to get this working on Gotham? It works pretty nicely on my Windows PC which runs Helix but on my HTPC I run the Gotham Retroplayer branch with savestates and I don't think there is a branch with savestates working for Helix yet. I would certainly miss the possibility to save progress in games if I would be forced to update. Sad
(2015-06-11, 13:49)ursli Wrote: Is there any possibility to get this working on Gotham? It works pretty nicely on my Windows PC which runs Helix but on my HTPC I run the Gotham Retroplayer branch with savestates and I don't think there is a branch with savestates working for Helix yet. I would certainly miss the possibility to save progress in games if I would be forced to update. Sad

The addon works with Gotham, Helix and Isengard...
Mh, ok I'll post a debug log of my script error once I get home then. thanks for the info.
Can this be used on Kodi on Nexus Player?
Yes I believe so, give it a try I think you'll be impressed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]5