• 9(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
I have lost track of which version you are running. If you use the Isengard version, you can install it via the default installed repositories. If you use the Jarvis version, see what is written in post two of the new ERA thread.
I stopped providing new daily builds today (after releasing a last one) as some noobs heavily got on my nerves ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-17, 21:18)afremont Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 21:12)fritsch Wrote: While playing the video. Press return, click on the film role, that brings up the video settings. Here you can change those settings.

Okay thanks for that, will do. Will this fix the live TV and TV recordings playback too?

EDIT: It looks like it does remember that for TV playback after setting it one time. This significantly reduced the CPU usage for 1080i. It's on the order of 30% CPU-KODI and core clocks are running at reduced rates.

You can press "Save for all movies" that way it will be used for all content.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-17, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: I have lost track of which version you are running. If you use the Isengard version, you can install it via the default installed repositories. If you use the Jarvis version, see what is written in post two of the new ERA thread.
I stopped providing new daily builds today (after releasing a last one) as some noobs heavily got on my nerves ...

I'm currently using the one you built on the 14th that had MythPVR included. I'll read the thread and try to muddle my way through it all.

Sorry if that includes me. I'm trying to not be overly stupid about things. I'm not a noob to Linux (since 1994 pre kernel 1.0 way before loadable modules), but Kodi and OpenELEC are still a bit new to me. I used Myth about 12 or 13 years ago, but moved away from it for quite some time due to having to raise my daughter; I'm back into it now and trying to figure it all out. Gotta save money any way I can, so it's OTA TV and Netflix/Amazon streams along with kodi addons I can appreciate your frustrations with people. You do this stuff for free and people want perfection with bleeding edge development. I'd just like to help in whatever way that I can, so I run the bleeding edge and report my findings. Been doing that for a while with Milhouse OE nightly builds on the Raspberry Pi.

I'm not a C++ person, I'm more of an embedded C type of coder so I'm not much good for fixing things myself when it comes to monstrous C++ applications. I appreciate everything you do, and I know how frustrating things can be especially when hardware manufacturers don't want you to know how to actually use their hardware outside their constrictive "box". Thanks again for your work.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Quote:I'm not a C++ person, I'm more of an embedded C type of coder so I'm not much good for fixing things myself when it comes to monstrous C++ applications. I appreciate everything you do, and I know how frustrating things can be especially when hardware manufacturers don't want you to know how to actually use their hardware outside their constrictive "box". Thanks again for your work.

Like me :-) - nice - we could need some help with kodi.

Concerning your addons:

If you are not able to install the ppa but want to help testing:
Please use the Jarvis OpenELEC builds directly of fernetmenta's master, download the latest version from:
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

Note: For the Jarvis version, you need to update the repository to install PVR addons, see: http://saraev.ca/oe/ (bottom notice) and install: http://saraev.ca/addons/v16/6.0/Generic/...-1.0.0.zip repository

via: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955
(2015-09-17, 22:29)fritsch Wrote: You can press "Save for all movies" that way it will be used for all content.

Thanks, I don't know how some of this stuff works yet, though I'll eventually figure it out. I managed to get Slackware running from floppy disks in the early 90's, and then LFS (Linux from scratch). Then it was Gentoo for a good while. Now I'm lazy and just use Ubuntu releases, I don't even compile my own kernels anymore, though I've built the AOSP a couple of times and recently built OE (6?) from source for X86 and the ARM. I'm trying to figure out how you guys (mostly Milhouse) do what you do with nightly builds and pulling in fixes and patches. Github and trak are still a pretty big mystery to me. I'm so out of touch with this stuff it makes me sad considering my roots in it. The highlights of my life were installing Slackware from floppy and then getting the CDROM drive to work after a reboot, modifying a sendmail config file and then getting X running without calling the fire department. I somehow managed to do that without an internet connection; we just had HOWTO files to figure it all out. Now things are too easy which leads to not learning how it works in detail. Life goes on though.
(2015-09-17, 22:55)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:I'm not a C++ person, I'm more of an embedded C type of coder so I'm not much good for fixing things myself when it comes to monstrous C++ applications. I appreciate everything you do, and I know how frustrating things can be especially when hardware manufacturers don't want you to know how to actually use their hardware outside their constrictive "box". Thanks again for your work.

Like me :-) - nice - we could need some help with kodi.

Concerning your addons:

If you are not able to install the ppa but want to help testing:
Please use the Jarvis OpenELEC builds directly of fernetmenta's master, download the latest version from:
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

Note: For the Jarvis version, you need to update the repository to install PVR addons, see: http://saraev.ca/oe/ (bottom notice) and install: http://saraev.ca/addons/v16/6.0/Generic/...-1.0.0.zip repository

via: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955

Are you a low-level kinda guy too? Wink I did a lot of PIC programming using PIC Assembler in the past, that was pretty painful. Then the Arduino came along and made life way too easy so I kinda lost interest after a while. Played with an ARM7TDMI dev board and that was a lot of fun, lots of datasheet reading went into that. Did some Android Java, that was no fun at all, but building my own release and flashing it into my rooted Nexus 7 was pretty cool. Now, it's Raspberry Pis and PCs running Linux again. I like writing plain old C, I'm not much into the Object Oriented variations. I think you should have a right to dereference a NULL pointer anytime or use uninitialized data anytime you like, it's how you learn. Wink

Thanks for the pointers, I'll try and make my way through it all. I'm really interested in compiling it all from source with assorted patches included, nightly build style if I can figure it out. Milhouse is giving me some pointer on how his stuff is done. It's a bit confusing, but then I like to do hard things when I can. Thanks again.

Hopefully, at some point, I'll be able to fix something myself and provide useful input rather than "complaints" about things that aren't working the way I think they should. Wink
(2015-09-14, 23:00)fritsch Wrote: Too late to the party: http://www.computershopper.com/computex-...l-braswell <- seems zotac is planning one, too.

That would be a passively cooled N3150.

(2015-09-14, 23:01)fritsch Wrote: Those we already had, right? http://androidpcreview.com/just-announce...i-pc/3063/

Thanks @fritsch, Zotac Zbox Nano added to first post. The MINIX was already there.
http://winfuture.de/videos/Hardware/Mini...15061.html

With benchmarks arround 5:00
(2015-08-31, 12:59)A-Swiss Wrote: I've got my BeeBox N3150 (16GB Dual Channel RAM, 250 GB eSATA SSD).
First Test: [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.4 (x86_64) / was installed in about 30 Seconds.
After setting up Kodi - added NFS Path for Movies: took around 8 Minutes for adding 1430 Movies.. (Musik took about 3 hours for 4500 albums)

short testing on AVR Pioneer SC-LX78: Atmos, DTS-HD etc. everything works fine..

My question regarding 4K: will Kodi itself run under 1920x1080 / 60p - and Resolution for 4k Movies will then switch to 4K/24p or how is this working?
Skins are not designed for 4K screens, correct?

will now start test with Windows 10 installation on Beebox - adding Kodi - check again..

Hi, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the remote range? I had Asrock HT-330 and currently have VisionX, however in both cases the remotes are not working well. You have to point the remote exactly towards the box to make it working, it is really annoying compared to Fire TV which is a breeze and can be pointed out in a different directions and won't miss any button press.
(2015-09-28, 22:40)stiwi Wrote: Hi, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the remote range? I had Asrock HT-330 and currently have VisionX, however in both cases the remotes are not working well. You have to point the remote exactly towards the box to make it working, it is really annoying compared to Fire TV which is a breeze and can be pointed out in a different directions and won't miss any button press.

you're comparing IR, which is line of sight, to Bluetooth, which is not. If you don't want to deal with LoS issues, then you need to use a RF-based remote of some sort (BT is RF-based).
(2015-09-28, 23:14)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 22:40)stiwi Wrote: Hi, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the remote range? I had Asrock HT-330 and currently have VisionX, however in both cases the remotes are not working well. You have to point the remote exactly towards the box to make it working, it is really annoying compared to Fire TV which is a breeze and can be pointed out in a different directions and won't miss any button press.

you're comparing IR, which is line of sight, to Bluetooth, which is not. If you don't want to deal with LoS issues, then you need to use a RF-based remote of some sort (BT is RF-based).

I see but my Sony's TV is also IR type I believe and it works like a charm, while these Asrock IR's are really useless for some reason.
(2015-09-29, 15:55)stiwi Wrote: I see but my Sony's TV is also IR type I believe and it works like a charm, while these Asrock IR's are really useless for some reason.

some IR sensors are more sensitive than others. Your TV might also have multiple receivers given its size
IR receivers in TVs need to cope with all worst case scenarios for several different tv models. Interference the panel, from direct sunllight, from other devices, and havee good range and vertical/horisontal sensitivity etc etc. Your auntie expect the remote to just work, if not she, then she will complain to the store and return the TV set.
(2015-09-29, 17:54)Soli Wrote: IR receivers in TVs need to cope with all worst case scenarios for several different tv models. Interference the panel, from direct sunllight, from other devices, and havee good range and vertical/horisontal sensitivity etc etc. Your auntie expect the remote to just work, if not she, then she will complain to the store and return the TV set.

Yes but I expect the same for any IR built in device, as this could be for my auntie too, right? I complain about the IR sensitivity of Asrock's HTPC but my auntie would immediately stop using it thinking it's broken.
Does the IR receiver have a shield over it to block ambient light? You'll notice a lot of commercial receivers sit behind dark plastic anywhere from ruby red to black. That shield is transparent to IR, but blocks visible and UV light which can severely degrade the performance of the receiver by overloading it and reducing the AGC. Try it in a darkened room and see if it works a lot better. If it does, then try finding some dark colored plastic from an old remote control or controlled device to put over the receiver to block ambient light.

I've also had IR transmitters that were ridiculously weak. The one that came with my Mediasonic Homeworx ATSC TV tuner is pathetic. It just doesn't seem to put out much of a signal. It barely works from 10' away.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3