DVD Player should be the default player for FLVs
All .flv files work when using the DVD player (this is why youtube script uses it for playing all youtube streams)

Can somebody make FLVs open with the DVD Player by default.
I think you're right. I checked the code and noticed that Internet streams with an HTTP Content-Type of "video/x-flv" or "video/flv" are played by the DVD Player by default. So it seems reasonable to conclude that ".flv" files should default to the DVD Player as well.

elupus, any objections?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hmm.. mplayer should play those fine, atleast when demuxed with lavf.. but sure, since we already use it for internet streams it's probably better for now.

and yet again, it shows we need to have a way to configure this stuff in an better way than hardeded in xbmc..... will have a look at it after feature freeze is released.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i was thinking about that as well. we could simply allow an override mechanism via advancedsettings.xml like is done for media file extensions. in GetCores(), we check for a user configured player before running thru the normal routine (so that "play with" is still populated.)

<dvdplayer>.flv|.mpg</dvdplayer>
Star 
should handle mime types too. And I'd rather have a proper xml that's there all the time, not only for overrides. I'd like to get rid of most of the code in getplayers.

ah so something more like codecs.conf except in xml.
added to cvs.
thank you. I will now be able to play my ripped youtube streams without any faffing about Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Player should be the default player for FLVs0