Solved 15.0 beta2 crashes at startup after upgrade: Unable to initialize. Exiting
Problem with New addon repository

When Install new one at first repository does not run and need restart Kodi again to make repository to work
That behaviour is fairly normal isn't it?

I can recall it happening on beta1 and 5.0.8 at least, and on both my Win7 64-bit laptop and my Pi
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-06-17, 14:51)koomak Wrote: Problem with New addon repository

When Install new one at first repository does not run and need restart Kodi again to make repository to work

Seems like this should be in a new thread.

scott s.
The issue was fixed in latest nightly.
(2015-06-15, 09:22)Lamm Wrote: Hi,
After upgrade from 15.0 beta1 to beta2, kodi crashes on startup with the error message: Unable to Initialize. Exiting

I've tried to uninstall kodi and removed userdata and other kodi related folders and then reinstall. Issue remains.

(2015-06-16, 23:17)afedchin Wrote: @Chad_H,
You faced with another issue. Please create another thread with properly description, links to a Debug Log and a crash dumps.

I have the same problem as the op I quoted above your quote. This started occurring with 14.2 and I wasn't updating to a new version, it's like one day it just quit working when it worked fine before. That's when I came here to get an updated version. Kodi 15.0 beta1 and beta 2 gave me the same problem, so I reverted back to xbmc which seemed to work.

(2015-06-16, 23:40)afedchin Wrote: All who faced with crash on startup in 15.0 beta2, try this version version of Kodi.

I installed this version and it works.

edit - the nightly build you mention for june 18 works for me without issues.
I'm still having issues with this and the latest nightly build.
Please provide Debug Log and crash log+dmp
I tried to upgrade to 15 RC2 from 14.2 on WIn7 and got the same error.
kodi.log debug mode
dmp file debug

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15.0 beta2 crashes at startup after upgrade: Unable to initialize. Exiting0