• 75(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
(2016-04-15, 15:56)srhodes Wrote: WRT interlace issue, is there a way to re-rip from my DVDs to avoid this?
DVDs aren't an issue. All DVD video is MPEG2. It's only VC-1 interlaced content that is an issue on Intel with Linux.

MPEG2 and H264 are fine in both progressive and interlaced flavours.

Quote:I guess that opens up a whole new can of worms. Seems to be on films that are late 70s, early 80s ... or more likely older DVDs that I have in my collection which is mostly Region 1 but I have some Regions 2s in there as well.

No - you won't have any interlaced VC-1 on DVDs. Only some Blu-rays (it's not as widespread as H264/AVC - but it is in use.) It's not an issue for 1080p movie releases (both US and European) - it's only an issue for stuff that was shot for TV usually.

Hi

just found this thread, can anyone point me in the right direction please? I want to replace the internal 32Gb SSD with a bigger drive, i see that the stock one is a Sandisk U110 - there is very little info around on this drive, is there a compatible drive thats around 128GB? Also if you have undertaken this upgrade, is there anything else to look out for?

Thanks!

dk
(2016-04-26, 11:48)suirthing Wrote:

Hi

just found this thread, can anyone point me in the right direction please? I want to replace the internal 32Gb SSD with a bigger drive, i see that the stock one is a Sandisk U110 - there is very little info around on this drive, is there a compatible drive thats around 128GB? Also if you have undertaken this upgrade, is there anything else to look out for?

Thanks!

dk

the form factor is M.2 and the size is 42mm, sometimes referred to as 2242 size.
You can definitely get 128GB and bigger. IMHO read speed is key. A post earlier in this thread says that the Sandisk U110 is particularly fast. You might be disappointed if you end up with a bigger but slower drive.
I have not changed mine so can not comment on any issues that might arise
Hi, I got the Version with the SATA Disk and i want to add an M.2 MSATA SSD.

What Screw do i need to install the drive?

I looked on the hp partsurfer site, but did not find the Screw.

Thanks in advance.

Gozza

EDIT:

Found it....

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizensh...903129.pdf

Page: 12

screw (6052B0228001, T8 M2.0*3.0)

But where do i get such a Screw?
I've been running OpenELEC 6.0.3 on one of these boxes for a good while, but decided to give LibreELEC a shot to get Kodi 16.1. Everything seemed fine,except the box would invariably lock up overnight and need power cycling. After a week or so of this I decided to go back to OE, first 6.0.3, then 6.95.2, and I haven't had a lock up since so it looks specific to LibreELEC.

I have done a fair amount of searching, but I can't figure out if this is a common issue. Should I report this somewhere, and can I get a dmesg from a locked box?
(2016-06-23, 11:45)bobones Wrote: I've been running OpenELEC 6.0.3 on one of these boxes for a good while, but decided to give LibreELEC a shot to get Kodi 16.1. Everything seemed fine,except the box would invariably lock up overnight and need power cycling. After a week or so of this I decided to go back to OE, first 6.0.3, then 6.95.2, and I haven't had a lock up since so it looks specific to LibreELEC.

I have done a fair amount of searching, but I can't figure out if this is a common issue. Should I report this somewhere, and can I get a dmesg from a locked box?

Make sure the box does NOT go into sleep mode. That can cause some problems. Known issue.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-06-23, 12:03)_Spook_ Wrote: Make sure the box does NOT go into sleep mode. That can cause some problems. Known issue.
Thanks. Any hints on how I can do that? My searching is drawing a blank so far. Am I looking for a BIOS or Kodi setting? Are there any forum threads discussing the issue?

Just to be clear, when this happens I can see the Kodi interface with a frozen clock, but there is no response to keyboard or network.
My guess is bios. Hold f10 while machine is booting up.
Check in the power management menu.
I'm not 100% as I don't use this box anymore.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Hi all,

I recently bought one of these boxes off a pal at work to use as a HTPC and it's the best £40 I've spent in a long time.

Just one niggle though which has led me to this thread - I've spent far too long searching the net long trying to figure out if there's any fix to resolve the issue where the box won't power on via the remote after a period of it being turned off. After going through the thread a few days ago, I reset the BIOS to the default and re-enabled the wake from USB option but the issue still occurs intermittently. It seems to be pot luck as to whether it will power off in a morning after being turned off overnight.

I've got the Maplin remote although I'm only using the IR605Q receiver that came with it, I'm using a Logitech Harmony 650.

The machine is still on Windows 8.1. I'm on the Balanced power plan but I've disabled the USB selective suspend option and set it to never go to sleep (so it's probably not that balanced Big Grin).

Just trying to up the WAF so any tips would be most appreciated. Cool
Thanks!
(2016-06-23, 11:45)bobones Wrote: I've been running OpenELEC 6.0.3 on one of these boxes for a good while, but decided to give LibreELEC a shot to get Kodi 16.1. Everything seemed fine,except the box would invariably lock up overnight and need power cycling. After a week or so of this I decided to go back to OE, first 6.0.3, then 6.95.2, and I haven't had a lock up since so it looks specific to LibreELEC.

Same here, I thought it was just me having this issue with LibreElec. Using the 17 beta and still getting this.

BTW has openelec been depericated? Or is dev for it still ongoing?
Mine has developed a problem where it is getting stuck on the HP logo when booting - with the fan running heavily.

Anything I can do to fix this? It is running Windows 10
Recently tried to upgrade the 32 gb M.2 SSD in my G1 with the ZTC 128mb

https://www.amazon.co.uk/128GB-ZTC-Armor...B00IZNYDBG

it seemed ok , but installing windows 8, 10 was problematic and when installed, would lock up after a few minutes use,
typically with the HDD light stuck on. reinstall didn't help. a ssd checking program said it checked out ok.
Reverted back to the original 32gb SSD and all was well.

Interested to know if anyone has successfully upgraded the 32gig 42mm M.2 , and which brand /model it was. (?)
Having abandoned the M.2 SSD upgrade, purchased instead a DW17 6017B0421501 cable from far east and a kingston Sata SSD
failed to recognise the SSD, drive checked on another machine to be good.
HP don't seem to want to sell me a genuine ata cable zero stock
Does anyone have a working SATA cable they can sell me ? please PM.
(2017-01-15, 22:32)J.R. Bob Dobbs Wrote: Having abandoned the M.2 SSD upgrade, purchased instead a DW17 6017B0421501 cable from far east and a kingston Sata SSD
failed to recognise the SSD, drive checked on another machine to be good.
HP don't seem to want to sell me a genuine ata cable zero stock
Does anyone have a working SATA cable they can sell me ? please PM.

have a look at post 754

"The cable I ordered from a Hong Kong supplier (see my earlier post in this thread) was described as new, but the connectors at the end that plugs into the 260 G1 motherboard looked tarnished so I gently cleaned them with some IPA and a pencil eraser. Might be worth trying with yours? Also, did you seat it correctly in the connector on the motherboard ? The top of the connector hinges and can be gently lifted before inserting the cable (connectors down, tape tab on cable up) and clicking the top back down holding the cable."

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2074580

and maybe this video might help with inseting the cable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx3dMGXrGCc#t=3m50s

I know noggin recieved a non working cable from china but most got a working one, try to clean the cable and see if it helps
Hi all

I've just discovered I have a spare HP original SATA cable for my 260 G1. If anyone wants it - it's your's for the price of postage. PM me.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2