• 26(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
Hi mate.

Thanks for all the help, I dont know if I will go for a ssd or internal drive. It all depends as I am still awaiting on amazon to get back to me about a Sedatech Mini pc.
really glad that it was just the adaptar LarrxX! atleast you can now enjoy your unit now. looking forward to your review, but no rush. I'll update the first post to warn about possible problems with the adpater and the pentium version. Smile

anyone considering starting a wiki on the HP 260 G1?
roadie when installing more ram, this guide will help
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/publi...cale=en_US
page 14
(all guides are in the first post)
I couldn't get the fire tv stick remote to work with windows so I ended up installing openelec on a usb flash drive using the info here. Works great.

The only thing I am wondering is whether or not to add another 2gb stick of ram. Everything is fine at the minute but I'm starting to play about with HEVC/x265 encoding to save space. Does anyone know if more ram is beneficial in this regard?
(2015-07-18, 22:10)Roders Wrote: I couldn't get the fire tv stick remote to work with windows so I ended up installing openelec on a usb flash drive using the info here. Works great.

The only thing I am wondering is whether or not to add another 2gb stick of ram. Everything is fine at the minute but I'm starting to play about with HEVC/x265 encoding to save space. Does anyone know if more ram is beneficial in this regard?

Unlikely to help.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-07-18, 22:19)nickr Wrote: Unlikely to help.

Ok thanks. I'll save my money then.
Hi Mediapi.

Many thanks again for the help.

The display port from Ebay hasn't arrived yet so just waiting for that.
So far £80.07, £10.13 and £4 for the display port cable seems decent.

Just need a bluetooth dongle, possibly will get a wifi adapter but it isn't essential.
I probably will need a wireless mouse/trackpad so around £100ish for a decent kodi/htpc/pc is not too bad in my opinion. The Amazon box is £79, or £49 depending on when you bought it and I do find the amazon tv does not offer the same flexibility as a fully fledged Pc system and that too with Windows!
I've discovered a very weird piece of behaviour on my box which may explain the problem LarrxX had with his display port adapter,
I finally got round to setting up my Pipo X7 for my friend so unplugged it and boxed it up, when I went to my HP later in the day I had no HDMI output but VGA was working,
having tried all the usual steps like different cables and different ports I connected up the Pipo again (plugged into the mains but turned off) and the HP started working via HDMI again, disconnecting the Pipo recreated the error.
So for now I've had to plug in my unused Now TV box to the TV to keep the HP working correctly, I've recreated this error on a different TV so unless anyone else can shed any light onto this behaviour I'm going to assume its a quirk with this display port adapter rather than a fault with the HP 260 G1.

As an aside can anyone who's received the sata cable tell me if it includes the power connector as well as data? If not how did you power your sata device?
(2015-07-19, 11:20)stammie Wrote: As an aside can anyone who's received the sata cable tell me if it includes the power connector as well as data? If not how did you power your sata device?

I think it's a combined SATA data and power cable looking at the 500GB HD model being unboxed here : https://youtu.be/PStXUKcuxiw?t=625

I've got to wait until early August for mine to arrive apparently...
Checking the Maintenance and Service Guide(pg 20),
"4. Unplug the combined power and data cable from the hard drive."

So as noggin pointed out it is a normal sata connector which connects to HP propriety slot.
Early August is harsh!
Where are people ordering the cable for £10.13 inc post please? Or if not that price where else, please?
I have my HP260 running through my Onkyo 626 into my Panasonic GT50 TV and all works well, the only issue I am having is the windows start screen is just a little to big for the TV, makes it a little difficult to close down as the icon is out of reach, has anyone with a similar setup have this issue?
I need some help and it's a bit off topic. I have set the. Hp up to launch kodi on startup using launcher 4kodi programme. I have also set up advanced launcher to launch the windows Netflix app inside kodi. I used a guide I found in the Internet whereby It launches a shortcut on my desktop. It seems launcher 4kodi launches kodi in a shell which means it is unable to launch the Netflix shortcut. If I load kodi normally by booting into the normal windows desktop and then launch kodi the advanced launcher worsks....is there anyway to get the two programme working together? Thanks
(2015-07-19, 11:55)psionguy Wrote: I have my HP260 running through my Onkyo 626 into my Panasonic GT50 TV and all works well, the only issue I am having is the windows start screen is just a little to big for the TV, makes it a little difficult to close down as the icon is out of reach, has anyone with a similar setup have this issue?

Turn off overscan on your tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks noggin and MediaPi

@Methanoid I ordered it from the HP parts store at that price but adding VAT on makes it come to £12:25

@Mark142 have you tried setting the Netflix app as one of the apps in the external app group settings within Launcher4kodi and choosing to start the app with Kodi?
I've not tried that function myself but it may be the answer
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2