• 49(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
Now got Windows 10 up and running on mine.

So far so good, got more disk space remaining than with windows 8 too (its removed the backup drive by the looks of things)
Is anyone who's upgraded to Windows 10 also using Launcher4kodi and if so does that still work?
Also if you've upgraded do you use any of the store streaming apps like Netflix, Now TV or NBC Sports and do they still work?
My main PC has a little Windows 8.1 install on it to just use those apps which I dual boot with Windows 7 which is the main OS on that machine but when I upgraded the 8.1 partition to 10 none of the streaming apps would play video so I had to revert it back to 8.1
Stammie.. I used kauncher4kodi in 8.1 not tested with 10 yet. but found that as it launched kodi as a shell you could not access the underlying windows files (well I certainly could not) nor would it mount my external USB drive. So I have now disabled it and instead just put kodi in the startup folder. Not as fast but at least it works.
Also does nbc sports work in the UK?
CEC is working! !!!

Got some screen flicker to content with but i think that's down to cables. .will investigate tomorrow but even if the box it faulty the theory works!

Happy man
(2015-08-06, 18:18)Mark142 Wrote: Also does nbc sports work in the UK?

It does with a VPN
(2015-08-05, 22:10)Methanoid Wrote: Do I have to buy Desktop Mini Security/Dual VESA Sleeve or HP Quick Release Bracket to be able to attach the 260 to the back of a monitor (VESA 100x100)? Or is there some clever way I am missing? Manual says bugger all!

(2015-08-05, 22:42)MediaPi Wrote: Yeah I've wanted am answer to that question myself. Check the quick specs on 1st post and it quotes

Quote:Support for VESA 100mm mounting systems on bottom of PC chassis

The way I see it is this, look at the bottom of the case, I believe you take the case of and screw the bottom onto the back of ATV, through the inside of the case, is that even possible? Then attach the rest of the HP. You also hear integrated vesa mount on techradar but what I'd it supposed to mean? Sprieghty had got it to work but purchased additional equipment??

Since it's designed to be a PC in work place, I believe the holes are way to small to fit the holes on a TV, hence you need an adapter like sprieghty used? I'm interested to know if you can mint the hp260 without any additional equipment

You have to have at least one of the mounts to attach it to a monitor, if you want to mount it to a larger tv then you need to buy vesa adapter like I have, see my picture on post 458
Thanks for the tip, Bespoke offered £87.39 (plus UPS delivery) and TCB tracked at £12.87 . So hopefully £74.25. TCB offer (15.15%) end in 3 days.
More A10/GK802/I.MX6 stuff on my blog
(2015-08-06, 18:18)Mark142 Wrote: Also does nbc sports work in the UK?

When i try it, it asks for a username and password.

am i doing somthing wrong ?
For those looking to mount on TVs I think I have found one way...

If you open the box (screw at back and two hidden screws below rubber bungs) you then need to remove the whole system board (by removing the HD bay plus 2 large screws). This gives access to the bottom panel of the case. You can then attach that to a VESA 100x100 TV direct but will not be able to refit the two hidden screws then.

But for most of us, you can then attach the base to a mount adapter (like a 200x100 plate) and then screw that to the TV. To help, here is a picture of the open base.

Note the VESA holes have tape over them which you'd need to remove.

Hope this helps someone

(and I ordered a 2nd one of these boxes!)
Nice! adding to first post under "mounting HP 260 G1 to a TV"
where did you order the second box methanoid?
Via Bespoke... similar offer to those others with cashback (Quidco for me for this one).. Might order a third actually... Looking at VESA brackets on eBay Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190724142142 - £4 is cheap and cheerful but would be fine for mounting on a 200x200 TV or a 200x100 WITHOUT needing to open the case at all. Screw into the PC and then screw PC to TV. Simples!

So, now I have both my lounge and bedroom TVs sorted (just purchased). I guess I could put one in the kitchen for the Mrs? That could be an excuse for #3! Wink
Week done methanoid! Cracking find and if you know me well you'll know I'm into cheap and cheerful lol, would love if you could post the final result. will Mrs agree for number 3 lol
(2015-08-06, 16:15)As86 Wrote: Now got Windows 10 up and running on mine.

So far so good, got more disk space remaining than with windows 8 too (its removed the backup drive by the looks of things)

Hi, how was the upgrade process? I'm finding it difficult to get on with Windows 8 so would like to move to Win10. Did you use any type of guide?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2