v14 Kodi crashes on every folder/addon (FIXED)
Out of the blue my Kodi 14.2 install has started crashing everytime I enter a folder or an addon. Whether I open the first page/list of an addon or just click the "Videos" category on the home screen (using default skin) Kodi will crash a few seconds afterwards.

Here is a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/ptrv3fuos
For it to crash I just rebooted Kodi (after enabling debug), and then clicked "Videos" on the homescreen after it successfully booted. It then allows me to move around on that submenu for about 5 seconds before it crashes completely.

I cannot see any clear error messages or anything else in the debug log. A sudo-apt det update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to install a couple of weeks of Linux patches I had neglected did not help either. (I am now running a fully updated Ubuntu 14.04, upgraded from xbmcbuntu - so I do not run any window manager).

I would be forever grateful if someone could figure this out, or lend me a hand at debugging further!
Rename your userdata (wiki) restart kodi and try again.
Was finally going to sit down and do a userdata reset and then put back data as describd on the wiki (sorry I didn't think of this myself!). However, now the problem was suddenly gone. Which is strange, since the crashes had persisted for a week or so prior to this weekend...

But, well, as long as it is working I am happy :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on every folder/addon (FIXED)0