WIP ScreenTalk
Hi --

I've been meddling on and off with this service for Kodi, and although it's still in early alpha, I'd like to release it to you already:

ScreenTalk

What is it?

It's not the easiest to explain, but the idea is to watch the conversation around a movie or series as you're watching it.

How does it work?
In two ways:
- It watches your Twitter stream and whenever you tweet something while you're watching the movie, a screenshot and your tweet are captured.
- For every movie you start watching, the service looks if anyone has tweeted anything while he (or she) was watching it, and it shows the tweet on your screen at the moment that tweet was sent in the movie.

The tweets (and screenshots) are collected at http://46.101.159.192/ (yeah, I still need a domain).

How to install

Simply install from zip -- you can find the package on its github releases page.

Final remarks

The code is a big mess. It was an even bigger mess before (it grew out of something I just wanted to try), so there's bound to be plenty of stuff that'll go wrong. I also haven't tested it on anything else than Kodi 14 on Windows 7.

Please report bugs in this thread (with logs!) or log an issue on the GitHub page. I can't guarantee I'll speedily fix things though; this is a spare time project and a) I have many of those b) but never enough spare time.

Enjoy! I'm curious to see what'll happen of this Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScreenTalk0