v15 Nightly Updates
Every morning I update my Isengard with the latest nightly build.

I do this by going to the Android browser, navigating to the Kodi Download site and then downloading the latest build. Then by clicking on the file within Downloads the latest build can easily be installed. Easy peasy, done it a hundred times or more both with Isengard and Helix before.

Now, however, for the last three days it says the file cannot be opened so I have to install it via the APK Installer. No big deal, even less so when Isengard is finally released, but why should this have happened? Can anybody enlighten me?
Possibly something changed in Chrome on android in the latest update - that affects the download
Try another browser and see if it's still the same ?
Alternative is to long press the link - and Save Link - to force download
No issues using the Chromium browser here in Android 4.4.2 and downloading from the Kodi.tv download section, just last night.
Strange.

Thanks for the replies, guys, but I don't use the Chrome browser but the normal Android one, whose icon is a blue globe.
Yes the Normal Blue globe looking one is called Chromium. I could never get the Kodi .apk to install if I used the Downloads App (Green Downward pointing arrow) and tried installing from there.
Instead I use UltraExplorer and got to the Downloads folder itself and install from there and it works every time.

The reason. No Idea.

(2015-06-21, 12:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes the Normal Blue globe looking one is called Chromium. I could never get the Kodi .apk to install if I used the Downloads App (Green Downward pointing arrow) and tried installing from there.
Instead I use UltraExplorer and got to the Downloads folder itself and install from there and it works every time.

The reason. No Idea.

Thanks for the info. on Chromium. I did not know it was called that.

I have just tried again to use Chromium to download this morning's nightly and the same thing, so I used the APK Installer again. As I say it is not a problem but I do like to know why a change has occurred. Also I think this has coincided with a Version Check error message I now get on using the Isengard for the first time after an update. Connected in any way?
What I do know is the KU app I use to update the Kodi nightlies has not been working in the last few days. Dunno if its related.

(2015-06-21, 14:31)wrxtasy Wrote: What I do know is the KU app I use to update the Kodi nightlies has not been working in the last few days. Dunno if its related.

Interesting point. It is true that your observation and mine have one common variable though, namely the nightly Isengard build. Perhaps one of the developers can throw some light on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly Updates0