Win thumbnails in file/folder view
hello,

this might be a dumb question however I cant figure it out.

When I choose to browse the files under videos, it shows the list of all the nested folders. Now, I used to be able to see the thumbnail for the folder even in the file list, this would help me identify folders that weren't scanned so I can rename them and add them from the folder view. The funny thing is, from the few thousand folders I only see the thumbnail on a handful, 95% I have to go inside the folder to actually see the thumbnail, or not. This happened after I migrated the database to a new SQL instance, not sure if that helps. I played with the settings for the top folder content with no success.

any ideas would be appreciated.
You didn't mention what versions of XBMC/Kodi you have/had. There was a change in naming of covers from folder.jpg to poster.jpg; so throw in an aspect correct image in the root of the sub folder and call it poster.jpg, Kodi should pic it up.
thanks for your reply.

i'm running the latest stable release of Kodi. Just to clarify, I captured a screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/Czv3NMG.png

as you can see, some of the folders have the quality tag on them, these aare the ones that show the thumbnail, the other folders i actually have to open, then when the file within is selected it the tumbbnail and all the information loads same way as the tagged folders. When browsing the movies in Kodi (not files) the items look identical, both are picked up and displayed correctly, it's just the files view under videos.
Videos is part of the maintenance tool, and over time many users pref playing directly from it. I rarely use the view that is in your image (Full List?) I usually prefer cover flow, and the cover colour designates the resolution, so gray for SD and blue for Blu-Ray but the covers start out yellow until Kodi has tasted the video. This quality tag you have isn't in my SVN version atm, thought you had issues with sub-folder posters not showing up.

I don't have an answers for you. this is Transparency from the official repository?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thumbnails in file/folder view0