v12 APPCRASH with XBMC Frodo 12.3 and TMT6 V1.
I first want to thank in advance anyone that tries to help me find a solution to my problem. It is my 1st time posting, however I have been a long time lurker and a big fan of the XBMC/Kodi media software. It has taken my Home theater to a whole new level!

I am trying to set up my 2nd Intel NUC5 I7 HTPC (see below for Specs). I am getting appcrashes whenever I reboot and attempt to play an ISO file. It will crash on 1st attempt at playing a new file always. It may take 2 or 3 tries until it eventually plays without error or crashing. I am using XBMC to call up ISO, virtual clonedrive to mount the ISO and Arcsoft TMT 6 (Version 6.7.1.199) to play the ISO. I only get TMT6 crashes when I use XBMC to kick off the ISO launching process (see below for PlayCorefactory, Play ISO and Play Disc scipts). This setup works perfectly on my other identical NUC5I7 box with the only exception being that TMT6 is version 6.5.1.150. I also use the same setup on 2 other HTPC, without issue. The simple answer would be to use the same TMT6 version that works on all the other machines. Unfortunately, I used my last remaining .150 license on a machine that I had to return. Arcsoft was gracious enough to give me a replacement license, however I am experiencing the aforementioned problem with the final TMT6 version. Arcsoft is unable to provide support beyond what they already have since the product has been retired. Has anyone on this forum experienced the same issues? If so, how were you able to fix? Again, thanks in advance for any assistance that any forum member or moderator is able to provide.

Hardware
Intel NUC5 I7RYH
Memory: 8 GB Ballistix

Software:
Media Player: Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 (Version: 6.7.1.199)
Other: AnyDVD HD (Vesrsion 7.6.1.0)
Virtual Clone Drive (Version: 5.7.4.0)
XBMC Frodo 12.3

Appcrash Details:

Arcsoft TotaMedia Theatre Has stopped working

Problem Signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name uTotalmediaTheater6.exe
Application Version: 6.7.1.199
Application Timestamp: 535f2ae5
Fault Module Name: ASUIBaseWnd.mmx
Fault Module Version: 6.6.1.191
Fault Module Timestamp: 535f2b1c
Event Code: C0000005
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0005870e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

------------------------------------------------------

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-NUC5i7\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-NUC5i7\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mp4|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Play ISO

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6/uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:

GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6/uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Play Disc

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:
bump...any help would be greatly appreciated. This problem is driving me nuts! I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere and some of the work around solutions haven't worked at all.
I've tried a few versions and they all worked so I doubt the older version is your culprit.
Maybe you should upgrade Frodo to something more current?
Have a look at my guide and the code. You can trim out the 3D stuff if you prefer but you don't need to.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
APPCRASH with XBMC Frodo 12.3 and TMT6 V1.0