Prefer DTS over AC3 / 5.1
Video 
I'm using OpenElec 5.0.8. I'm using it to watch Live TV, Movies and TV Series. Now when watching Live TV or watching TV series, i don't use my receiver, but with the movies i do. When my receiver is disabled it runs passthrough mode.

My TV doesn't support DTS, it does support AC3. I can't disable AC3 entirely because then there is no sound when wachting tv.

But with both AC3 and DTS enabled all movies with both an AC3 track and DTS track always select AC3 instead of the prefered DTS.

Both AC3 and DTS track are English, so can't do something with default language.
You'll need the upcoming 15.0 to have that option
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-24, 23:05)Martijn Wrote: You'll need the upcoming 15.0 to have that option

Mkay, too bad... i'll look into that, thanks for your answer.
You might try mapping a remote button to "AudioNextLanguage" as a work around.
Thers already buttons for that mapped.Take a look at remote.xml
(2015-06-24, 23:05)Martijn Wrote: You'll need the upcoming 15.0 to have that option
Is there a specific setting for this, or should it work 'out-of-the-box'? Because i've upgraded but cannot seem to find this setting?
Enable expert mode and set "prefer default audio stream" to off
(2015-07-27, 23:06)Martijn Wrote: Enable expert mode and set "prefer default audio stream" to off

Hi

Does this really choose the higher quality audio track if multiple are available - i.e. ENG in AC3 5.1 and DTS 5.1 ?
I just don't have the feeling that it works this way!?
always works for me so far
Ok then I have to keep an eye on that more carefully and re-check that.

thx
just to follow up, did my upgrade last week and today got time to test this, but it indeed seems to work Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prefer DTS over AC3 / 5.10