v14 Movie scan stuck
Hi,

each time my kodi updates the library it is stuck in the movie information scan with the exception of when there are actually new movies to be found.
the error log shows it has something to do with the credentials for connecting to the NAS but they are ok (I'm able to access the NAS from the file manager and play videos). I tried to remove the source and add it again, it didn't help.

here is the log:
Code:
08:40:03 T:708 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\NAS\Multimedia" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
08:40:07 T:708 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:40:07 T:708 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\NAS\Multimedia" with username "admin" and with password. Error code: 1219
08:40:10 T:708 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\NAS\Multimedia" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
08:40:16 T:708 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
08:40:16 T:708 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\NAS\Multimedia" with username "admin" and with password. Error code: 1219
08:40:19 T:708 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\NAS\Multimedia" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
I read somewhere about using IP addresses instead of machine names because some things don't play well with name lookups. Perhaps change your source to something like smb://192.168.1.100/Multimedia. I think it was in the MySQL Wiki.
thanks for the reply, well I've done some more investigation.
it seems I have a phantom video source which is not listed. I removed all sources and made sure the sources.xml doesn't include video sources but still every time I start KODI it scans and adds my movies. what am I missing? and is there a way to reset the library settings to default settings without reinstalling KODI ?
You can delete or rename your Kodi folder in the appdata section.

Close Kodi and rename C:\Users\[your user account]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi to Kodi.old or something. Then when you restart Kodi it will think it is a new install and reload the default settings for everything. If that doesn't work you can delete the new folder and rename the old one back.

AppData is a hidden folder, so might have to enable seeing those.
In your windows explorer click organize on the top left, then folder and search options, then view tab, then change the option for hidden files and folders.
Thanks, I did something similar. Changed the name of the video db file. Now setting everything up again from scratch.... Meh...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scan stuck0