Synology NAS and Kodi (Samba-related)
Hello,

I was confronted today with a Samba problem.
My current setup: Isengard B2, Asus Chromebox with Openelec, Synology NAS.

I used up until now only NFS to access my shares from the Chromebox, and Samba from Windows.
For security reasons, I have the local master browser on Synology turned off, so my Samba shares require a login.
However, since I'm using Emby since recently, I had to enable it, since Emby accesses only via SMB or HTTP.
There is still another option for me to consider, which would be a redirection to NFS in Emby, but that I yet have to explore.

Now, the question:
Is there a way to enter the login and password into Kodi, much like I do in windows (credential manager) and save it, so when Emby tries to access the share, it actually has a login already?
Look for passwords.xml on the Kodi wiki. That should solve the login problem but I don't know if you might also run into other problems because your source paths change.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Hmm, not sure if I'd want to save my password into an unencrypted XML file. In that case running with local master browser is probably better...
If, then the file would have to be well encrypted to hold the password. And btw. I can't find the link on Wiki, if you have the link, please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology NAS and Kodi (Samba-related)0