Mediaportal PVR Hostname
Hello,

This is my first time posting here. Tx to all contributors of this forum as it has been very useful in understanding certain issues I have been facing.

There is an issue that I can not seem to find a solution to though.

Here is a brief overview of my setups:

Media Server running Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2). This also has Mediaportal TV Server running a Dual DVB-S satellite card.

Client 1 - Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client - (Working perfectly with full access to TV channels from the server).

Client 2 -.Windows 7 with KODI (Helix 14.2) & Mediaportal PVR Client (Currently not working)

My current problem:

Client 2 is setup exactly the same as client 1 however whenever I enter the IP address of the TV server in the Hostname section of the Mediaportal PVR in KODI it never seems to save the information. When entering the Hostname and clicking OK it says the PVR service needs to restart. After going back into the configuration settings the Hostname is again blank.

Things I have tried:

Re-installing the Mediaportal PVR service.
Restting the PVR Database.
Doing a fresh install of KODI.
Installed the Mediaportal standalone client to check it works. It works perfectly with full access to all channels.
Have tried to access the live TV from within KODI but is says cannot access e:\livetvbuffer etc. This would indicate that it is looking for the folder locally due to not having the hostname saved. Both folders Livetv Buffer and Timeshift are shared and fully accessible to Client 2.

I am at a complete loss of what to try next. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Can you enable Debug-log, provoke your problem in client 2, upload the log to Pastebin and post the link here?
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hi Fry7,

Yes I will do as you ask. I will post the log up tomorrow as I am about to head out for the evening.

Thanks for your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediaportal PVR Hostname0