[Raspberry Pi1] Speed Boost
@ warez you might be right about the nofliptimeout (thats why I put a ? after it) I've added to my system and its done no harm. I think dirtyregion is on by default to in latest editions of kodi?

that last github thing I'm not sure by, I got a feeling it can help but can't say for sure, thought someone smart might comment, but since no one has I think its not applicable.

I'm also adding a few more things

for those that don't use CEC, disable it (load up time to actual inpput remote commands gets reduced and maybe uses less ram?)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206935

I did put disable the fanart and icon fade animation in first post but since I have my views in thumbnails I have disabled fanart alltogether
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1343288

its still useful to add disbale icon fade IMO

This last tweak is regarding the working icon when something is busy
we've already disabled the spinning busy animation, but I've noticed theres a prograss bar animation, I know roughly how long things take to load so for me I don't need and there must be some cpu cyclse saved so here goes

in dilogbusy.xml (same thing we did with spinning animation)

find the code
Code:
            <control type="progress" id="10">
                <description>Progressbar</description>
                <left>20</left>
                <top>53</top>
                <width>160</width>
                <height>8</height>
            </control>

and replace with

Code:
<!--            <control type="progress" id="10">
                <description>Progressbar</description>
                <left>20</left>
                <top>53</top>
                <width>160</width>
                <height>8</height>
            </control> -->

the last one is personal perference, whereas the other tweak disabling spinning animation was a must.
thats all for now. I just did a reinstall openelec and must say these tweaks really boost it Big Grin
I'll add the new ones to the first post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Raspberry Pi1] Speed Boost1