• 371(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-08-29, 15:13)meowmoo Wrote: I don't have this problem.
you can try texture catch utility http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
Catch all artwork and see if it helps

Thanks for the hint, but the artwork is already inside the respective folders AND referenced where available in the nfo-files, too. The clearlogos show up everywhere else where they can be displayed fast, so i'm sure they're already cached. It's just that for me on madnox (actual git version) it takes a long time to load those artworks in the spoken views (showcase with enabled infopanel and 4 thumbs view when selecting a movie set & music artists in views where i can enable live cds showing up in the background). I have no trouble at all showing up posters & fanarts (even extrafanarts) and images from artwork downloader results, they get cached and displayed fast afterwards. Same for the albums when entering an artists directory. Also even if on a movieset it already loaded the info text and artworks once, the next time i browse to that movieset again all (text & clearlogos) disappears and get "loaded" or "scraped" again, just if the script that does this doesn't function the same way as earlier on shednox.

I have no clue what happens. I also found out that if i for example select "Taken Collection" movie set and wait until all shows up, and then afterwards i select "Battle Royale Collection", at first the "Taken" info text shows up (plot etc.), then it disappears and after a while the correct text for Battle Royale shows up and then also the images come up. When switching back the selection, the same happens vice versa.

edit: is it possible that the script can't use samba shares for adding cached images, but kodi itself can do it? Asking because that's the main difference between my earlier setup and today - i've set up a path substitution for the thumbnails folder in advancedsettings.xml so the images do not fill too much space on the android tv box and the firetv box space which points to smb://192.168.1.200/Thumbnails (kodi is accepting that without a problem).

Spoken of this, can anyone tell me which script generates/fills the live cd images in background and the movie set info & cleararts? Maybe i can dig into the code and check debug.log for a better insight view.
cheers,azido :;):
What you discribe happen on my setup when kodi write new images to the db. When its done everything is fast again

Example 2 - changing where thumbnails are stored
Note: This will slowdown thumbnail loading, but might be worth it for low-memory devices.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

Maby try it without path substitution, see if its faster
It is not the skin and there are no scripts when in the views, we use what Kodi gives us, if you have moved thumbnails than that is probably the problem, this is what happens when you have limited space on android boxes and I know myself this situation. I've moved thumbnails on a couple of devices and they are slow afterwards in some areas.

Skin.Helper addon might be in some of the views but again it just gets the artwork but I don't recall showcase using skin.helper so that is all down to what Kodi itself is doing.

It is Kodi supplying the artwork so Kodi is taking the time to get the artwork not the skin.

The skin doesn't re-scrape any artwork itself, we simply use properties provided by Kodi. If you use it it is Artwork downloader that initially gets and fills these properties in the DB for a movie.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-08-30, 10:01)meowmoo Wrote: What you discribe happen on my setup when kodi write new images to the db. When its done everything is fast again

Example 2 - changing where thumbnails are stored
Note: This will slowdown thumbnail loading, but might be worth it for low-memory devices.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

Maby try it without path substitution, see if its faster

I already did that substitution, on the android tv box as libreelec boots from sd i substituted the thumbnails to internal memory as there is plenty and it's faster than the sd card. On firetv box i substituted to the above smb path on NAS (where the movies/albums are). Fun thing is: normal posters/fanarts & stuff is readed fast from both substitutions (on firetv box by nature a little slower than on android tv box because of smb, but still usable) but on those two views where it comes to "live" displaying content, it's slow on both machines.

At least i'm happy to see it's not only me. I guess i give it a try to let kodi write all images, even the live one, and see if it's faster afterwards.
(2016-08-30, 10:07)Mike_Doc Wrote: It is not the skin and there are no scripts when in the views, we use what Kodi gives us, if you have moved thumbnails than that is probably the problem, this is what happens when you have limited space on android boxes and I know myself this situation. I've moved thumbnails on a couple of devices and they are slow afterwards in some areas.

Well, i wonder why normal stuff (poster/fanarts/actor images etc.) come up really fast and get cached for sure, but complete info for moviesets in showcase with info panel/extrathumbs in that infopanel doesn't.

Quote:Skin.Helper addon might be in some of the views but again it just gets the artwork but I don't recall showcase using skin.helper so that is all down to what Kodi itself is doing.

It is Kodi supplying the artwork so Kodi is taking the time to get the artwork not the skin.

The skin doesn't re-scrape any artwork itself, we simply use properties provided by Kodi. If you use it it is Artwork downloader that initially gets and fills these properties in the DB for a movie.

I don't want to annoy you, but i'm pretty sure kodi still does not handle extrathumbs, clearlogos etc. by itself, does it? I ran artwork downloader a couple of times and those images are downloaded and safed along the movie data in their folders for sure, same for album artwork (which is also embedded in audio files tags). Those items get displayed really fast in other situations (i.e. the clearlogo of a movie in showcase behind the plot) but well, the clearlogos of movies in a movieset, which should appear in the extrathumbs positions of the info panel take much time to load, even after displayed once. Drives me a little mad, you know Confused
You're not annoying, but it is down to hardware, I have an Revo RL85 and all my media on several NAS and it can sometime be quick and sometimes slow to display artwork so I know what it's like.

Drives you a little mad does it, this is your setup and not the skin, if it's now extrathumbs then in showcase the view uses a VAR in the Infopanel that can be populated 6 different ways but generally either directly reading /extrathumbs/thumb1,2,3,4 or it uses Kodi provided properties to get the image.

So it is however you have your movies stored and the connections used by Kodi. For movie sets we use properties supplied by addon skin info service which points to the extrathumbs so again we just tell Kodi where to go and get the image nothing more.

Drives me a little mad how it's always the fault of the skin, you know!

Please note as well, Madnox is not designed for these android boxes, I've recently purchased one of the boxes and can confirm they don't have what it takes for Madnox to work all quick and fast, 1GB, 2GB ram and very little on board storage means artwork heavy skins don't play nice on them
(2016-08-30, 13:48)Mike_Doc Wrote: You're not annoying, but it is down to hardware, I have an Revo RL85 and all my media on several NAS and it can sometime be quick and sometimes slow to display artwork so I know what it's like.

Drives me a little mad how it's always the fault of the skin, you know!

Please note as well, Madnox is not designed for these android boxes, I've recently purchased one of the boxes and can confirm they don't have what it takes for Madnox to work all quick and fast, 1GB, 2GB ram and very little on board storage means artwork heavy skins don't play nice on them

Smile I don't want to blame the skin, it's a nice one and shednox was on my firetv box a long time before i decided to switch to jarvis and it ran fine enough on that machine for me. What i was trying to say/ what my guessing was is that since the requirements of needed addons to get the full out of madnox and the addons itself envolved it might be that the combination of those new addons and madnox or a change on one of them caused that "problem" so i want to see where the difference resides.

Anyway, i fully get your point. I'm gonna try madnox on my windows pc (a real fast one with 32gb ram and plenty of processor power) with and without path substitutions and see if the trouble goes away. Thanks for the responses.
We have integrated addon skin.helper into a lot of places as this helps get to artwork and other things that stock Kodi doesn't just like Artwork downloader itself creates properties we use to access artwork that aren't provided by stock Kodi, so there is so much everywhere. I have it on a fast laptop with no path submission and it works fine,

Keep looking and let us know, if there is something we can do we will certainly try and do it if it is going to help the skin but major changes i.e. removing things is not something we would consider really.
(2016-08-30, 14:52)Mike_Doc Wrote: We have integrated addon skin.helper into a lot of places..[...]
Keep looking and let us know, if there is something we can do we will certainly try and do it if it is going to help the skin but major changes i.e. removing things is not something we would consider really.

Hi there, it's me again Wink I might tell you as i'm installing a fresh kodi and madnox and the recommended stuff: using the github link for skin.helper.service as presented in first post here and adding it by installing from zip file leads to an info about missing dependencies with musicbrains stuff and another plugin, while installing skin helper service from official kodi repository works fine.

Might be the 1st problem on my android box as i tried to manage to add the missing stuff by hand. Dunno though, we will see. Just want to inform you.
Is it possible to get this live image background for madnox?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2405448
(2016-08-31, 20:19)Slipass Wrote: Is it possible to get this live image background for madnox?

Hi Mike,
you can add it to madnox?

Answer from mikebzh44:

Of course it's possible, Mike_Doc can use some files from my mod and merge it into Madnox.

You need :

media\thumbs\boxes\polaroid.png
media\thumbs\boxes\polaroid_mask.png
language\English\strings.po (strings ID 31966 and 31967)
1080i\Home.xml (lines 7&8)
1080i\custom_1122_BackgroundCustomizer.xml (lines 227 to 235)
1080i\variables.xml (lines 503&504)
1080i\IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml (line 13)
1080i\Includes_LiveBG.xml (lines 16 to 27 + lines 775 to 969)
(2016-09-01, 11:52)Slipass Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 20:19)Slipass Wrote: Is it possible to get this live image background for madnox?

Hi Mike,

Answer from mikebzh44:

Of course it's possible, Mike_Doc can use some files from my mod and merge it into Madnox.

You need :

Will be Appreciated

Hi Mike,

Answer from mikebzh44:

You need :

If you zip the needed files and upload them somewhere it would be much easier Smile
(2016-09-01, 12:48)meowmoo Wrote:

Hi Mike,

Answer from mikebzh44:

You need :

If you zip the needed files and upload them somewhere it would be much easier Smile

You're right meowmoo....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy0df72qntbyhc...d.rar?dl=0

I hope, the link works
Hi guys,

since AEL launched recently, I was playing around with it a little because I think it is of great potential and I would like to extend my Kodi Setup with Games.
unfortunately the viewtypes are not corresponding very well with AEL.

Shift viewtype for example does not display the boxfront correctly, also info doesn't work.

Also I can see placeholder for different Kodiflix viewtypes that cannot be enabled.

Is this something WIP?

I know, with recent tragic events this might not be on your agenda and is of no priority at all right now.
That would be totally fine.

Just asking...
Loving this skin! Thanks again for everyone's hard work!
  • 371(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39