v14 Scan library for file length and quality
Question 
I have looked through the wiki but was not able to figure this out.

So, when I have added all my sources to Kodi and gotten all movie info and so on I would also like to get the media length and quality scanned. For movies I get this done by just entering the Library and it scans all files and gives them the HD or SD tag and the length of the file and so on.

But for the other libraries like TV Shows it doesn't do this.

Is there any way to get Kodi to do this by default on all video files? Now I have to go into each folder for a th shop to get this done.

Not a big deal but would be nice Smile

Running Kodi 14.2 on QNAP TVS-863+ 4.1.4 0522 firmware.

Thanks Smile
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
You can create a smartplaylist fir episodes and enter no rule and save it.
Now open that playlist and it will display all episodes in your library.
Hopefully we'll change it done day that it fetches that data automatically after library scan
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Unrelated to your question, you also think the qnap is quite loud? With mine the fans are continues spinning at higher speed because the cpu is getting hot.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn! That works Smile

On your unrelated topic, no I don't have any problems with the fans on my TVS-863+. Do you have the same?

But I do not run any services that makes the CPU go that hot. Plex and Kodi are the most CPU demaning apps I have. If I run a transcode/sync with Plex the fans spin up high. Except from that it's quite. I have it placed in my livingroom.

You see any tasks in the resourcemonitor running high CPU loads that makes the CPU go hot?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan library for file length and quality0