Looking for Surround Sound Headphones
I'm in search of a set of surround sound headphones I can use when trying to watch a movie in the middle of the night without waking up the whole neighborhood or the significant other. I would like the headphones to be able to accept either an optical toslink connection or a coaxial connection. I would like these headphones to also have a microphone so that I can use them with my PS3/PS4.

Anyone have any good suggestion, my price point is no more than $150.

Edit: Forgot to specify that I'm looking for a set of wireless headphones
I am going to tell you right now that a standard set of stereo headphones is going to sound far better then those surround sound headsets. I personally have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-m50x myself. The older ATH-m50 should be around $140 or so if the m50x is to much.
Thanks @Topken for the suggestion. I forgot to specify that I'm lookinf for a set of wireless cans.
I like/use the G930 from Logitech, there a rough $100 or so

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-...B003VANOFY

No TOS or coax though.
Problem with these headphone is the way surround is implemented.
If it is software made, well better spend your money on a good stereo one.
Now if it's hardware made (ie multiple "tweeters" you can achieve amazing results.
Drawback, they cost an arm.

I remember doing search on that matter and sony was clearly a big step further.
I did a quick googling and find this one (didn't check the full specs), maybe it is not the one i found earlier as i remember it was discontinued (or on the verge to)
Maybe you could check even if it explode your budget by a factor 5, but well you get what you pay for :-D

http://store.sony.com/9.1ch-wireless-sur...es-Earbuds

Edit: not sure the one i saw was wireless as the quantity of data to be carryed was too high for wifi, so check carrefully.
If you go with both Wireless and Surround for $150 or less you are very much compromising on sound quality. So i can not in good faith continue with this thread if that is the way you wnat to go.
My wife and I use the Sennheiser RS 175s. They are by far the best wireless surround sound headphones I have ever listended to and we have tested many. These sound absolutely fantastic. I have no distortion issues or noise from other systems running in the house and the range on these things is ridiculous. I can walk out of the house and into the back yard, about 25 yards away from the base and still have full sound. I also like the fact that you can have up to four headsets connected wirelessly to the base. They hold a great charge as well. Average 18 hours of use before I need to recharge them. Only down side is no microphone for gaming, but the wife and I use these for movies only.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-175-...ser+rs+175
*chuckles* As I said finding good sounding wirless surround sound headsets in the $150 OR LESS price range is impossible. As these examples are all way over the budget the op has.
@Topken, Sorry I asked the question. From what it looks like for the price I want I'll only get virutal surround sound headphones. Like you said I might be better off finding a good set of stereo cans.
Yeah that's just the way the cookie crumbles in this case. At the price point you are looking at a great set of stereo is a much better deal then wireless surround. As for the PS4 itself you can plug the headphones straight into the controller and get full PS4 audio that way which will make the headphones wireless from the console itself since the controller is wireless.
This might be an old post but just to share my experience with this headphone I bought few months ago, I bought this Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones and this is one of the best headphones I've ever used. The sound on these is amazing - good amount of bass without there being too much. I'm not one of those people who likes a ton of bass in their sound, so I was a little worried at first that these might be too bass heavy, but as soon as I got them my mind was put at ease. I actually bought them to replace an amazing pair of Sony headphones that I'd had for years, My Sony pair had the best comfort and sound quality I've ever had, but I wasn't having much luck in replacing them, so I ended up deciding to trying out a new brand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Surround Sound Headphones0