Win Add-On added in profile A appearing in Profile B
Hi
New user here.
I have set up Kodi with three profiles: A master, and two regular profiles (let's call them A and B).
Each of the three has a separate password.

My problem is, that when I add an add-on to profile A, it gets added to profile B automatically. The settings of each however are marked as "separate".
Isn't this contrary to what a profile is all about?
Is there something I have done wrong?

Thanks for your help.
I have read http://kodi.wiki/view/Multiple_users but perhaps I missed something
No, that's how it works. There isn't a separate addons folder created in the new profile, addons are lumped together.
Trogggy, Thanks for replying.
Too bad though. I thought that's what profiles are for...
Is there a way to create separate add-ons folder for different profiles?
You might be able to cobble something together by using path substitutions. You'd have to stick an advancedsettings.xml in each of the extra profiles, and set up a new folder in each new profile for add-ons. I guess that would work but it would be a bit messy.

Edit: or better yet follow Martijn's suggestion.
Have a look at the add-on Super Favourites, I thought I saw capability for password protected folders.. I guess the idea would be to put all add-ons for A in one SF folder and another SF for B (looks like you can have multiple dups within each sections) then eliminate the menu add-ons from the skin enabling access only through SF. In the SF forum is a modification to replace the Kodi system favourites with SF, not sure that would be the same as hiding the standard favourites, you might have to do a little experimentation.
(2015-07-01, 18:33)PatK Wrote: Have a look at the add-on Super Favourites, I thought I saw capability for password protected folders.. I guess the idea would be to put all add-ons for A in one SF folder and another SF for B (looks like you can have multiple dups within each sections) then eliminate the menu add-ons from the skin enabling access only through SF. In the SF forum is a modification to replace the Kodi system favourites with SF, not sure that would be the same as hiding the standard favourites, you might have to do a little experimentation.

Thanks. It looks a bit complicated but I will give it a try... Big Grin
You could disable them in the profile you don't want to show them
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-On added in profile A appearing in Profile B0