• 18(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0725: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.3 #1 Sat Jul 25 21:20:03 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 24 2015 14:44:13
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0f482c5017ad4526a6beb77fe39c93189c664fd4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150725211914-#0725-g0cfb546 [Build #0725]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001563.278: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0cfb546d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7060b971, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Allow custom sleep function that can use vsync, which may help avoid stutter and drop/skipped frames
  2. Include PRESENT_READY in HasFrame check
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [osx/XBMCHelper] - compile XBMCHelper as 64bit (PR:7604, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PosixClog] - ensure that file decriptor for logfile is NULL'ed in th… (PR:7606, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang] Add installed languages to the list of possible stream languages. (PR:7575, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • use $(MAKE) to recursively call make (PR:6745, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix holding lock while querying backend (PR:7596, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [binary addons] turn PACKAGE_ZIP into a proper cmake option (PR:7615, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: fix clockspeed adjust for non-resampling modes (PR:7576, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Strings] Audio DSP string fixes (PR:7583, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guiinfo] Fixed PVR_STRINGS_END value in GUIInfoLabels.h (PR:7622, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. pvr.hts:
    • drop CStdString (PR:71, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [rbp] Only send changes in hw cursor state (997ef6f1)
      • [videorefclock] Allow a custom sleep function that can use vsync (65b4f0f0)
      • [rendermanager] Include PRESENT_READY in HasFrame check (f34dccfc)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • dvdplayer: fix clockspeed adjust for non-resampling modes (30c77a50)
      • fix holding lock while querying backend (be7a2dd6)
      • [mmalrenderer] Block until vsync in RenderUpdate (1f5b4a04)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-24, 01:40)popcornmix Wrote: Okay, both samples have the same issue. I've determined that firmware from about six months ago can play these files.
I've bisected it and found the commit "video codec: refactor userdata release mec hanics in categoriser".

Now, I don't know a lot about this code, and the commit is too large to make immediate sense.
I really need the author (Deborah) to help but she's not currently around.

I have determined that reverting this commit does succeed and allows the samples to play. If you want to try it then I've built a test firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...150724.zip

However I suspect the commit was added for a reason, so it could cause issues (probably with MVC). But give it a try and report back how it works.

Have been watching dvd today some hours and had no problems in fullscreen mode.
But i left fullscreen one time and was navigating through the kodi menu and the same happend again, but with a dvd that was NOT one of these 10% that were not working before.
Here is the log, but its not a debug log. Could not reproduce it again with debug log,
because the cpu load is too high with dvd in background and menu navigate. There happen other problems with debug log active, terrible video / audio sync, but not the stopping video.

log
at 00:08:14 i left the fullscreen mode.Then video hang and audio playing like the problem before 5sec, cache, 5sec... After stopping the dvd it even crashed completly.
Seems to be again something with receiving the buffers.
Hi. There is a freeze debug log on using iptv. It happens randomly during watching the live tv. First it stops the video then resumes the audio and after that it freezes RPi.
Build build #0725 but i thing this is the long time bug present.

http://pastebin.com/8J2WsX7P

P.S.:
The same behavior on RPi1 and also with iptv simple addon not just tvh.
I put Pi2 in case with cooler.
When switch Pi2 go to suspension (sleep, turn off), my TV turn off and Pi2 go sleep.
But, cooler stay on power (continue spinning).
Is possible to turn off 5V?
I put power supply for cooler here, like on picture (pin 4 and 6):
With the latest firmware I have problems with video stuttering - local files and video addons.
It happens when starting a video, but disappaers after some seconds. Video stutters, but audio plays fine. It also happens when skipping, but here the problem persists.
The problem must be introduced with any of the last 3 commits.

I could post the mediainfo of files where it occurs and where it doesn't occurs.
I'm using the omxplayer.

Edit:
As I'm using XBian I only updated the firmware manually. No updates to Kodi.
I've tested the last firmwares and the problem starts with the firmware created Jul 22, 2015, "firmware: sdram: Adjust YUVUV format alignment to get better sdram utilisation with di_adv"
(2015-07-26, 09:41)namtih Wrote: Edit:
As I'm using XBian I only updated the firmware manually. No updates to Kodi.
I've tested the last firmwares and the problem starts with the firmware created Jul 22, 2015, "firmware: sdram: Adjust YUVUV format alignment to get better sdram utilisation with di_adv"

Appreciate you reporting a problem with the firmware, but if you're not testing these specific builds you should probably start a separate thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-26, 09:28)ivota Wrote: Is possible to turn off 5V?

No, 5V is directly connected to power supply.
If you'd like the fan to go off then just remove it. It is not necessary.
Quote:No, 5V is directly connected to power supply.

Ok, thank you for replay Wink
Hi,
i have running here in germany an RPi2 with HifiBerryDAC+, wired on Network over Fritz!Box@DSL16000.
My favorit Build is #0721-g623255d, all works fine for me, but
after them all test-builds to #0725 have problem with playing MTV.de AddOn (Video).
After 45-60 min Picture is black, no Picture but stuttering sound. Pi2 is not to handle over mouse - the only way is to reboot over SSH.

...btw next question: have make two fresh installs from OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.95.3 on two SD-Cards (without testbuild):
Why there is also a emty Notification Box on the right (bottom) corner on system-start?

Thanks for your work
doldi
@ivota
i have passiv-cooling and a temp from 50°C@950Mz on my RPi2.
It is not necessary to cooling with Fan, i also think ;-)
Recommend flic case if you want good cooling and it also looks really nice.
Its aluminum and the built in heat-sink is part of the top part of the case so it all acts as a heat sink with more surface area to dissipate heat.

Have mine at 1100Mhz never see it go over 50c in kodi and idles around 37c
(2015-07-26, 14:13)doldi Wrote: Why there is also a emty Notification Box on the right (bottom) corner on system-start?

It's either the Airplay or CzeroconfAvahi service spamming an empty notification at start-up - harmless, but annoying.
Milhouse did you take a look into my crashlog? Is there anything useful to be able to fix the freezes or. Is there nothing special. The crash is just at the end of log. Tnx
@illiac4: you'll need to wait and hear from @popcornmix as this sort of thing is his specialty... Smile
@Milhouse, thank you...

have deaktivated in
a)Optionen/openElec/services ->"Avahi"
b)Settings/Dienste/-> "Airplay"

...now there is now "annoying" Infobox :-) and i'm beeing calmed down (or so in english)
[beruhigt]
...and now im looking MTV ;-)

:-)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10