• 119(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-23, 15:11)movie78 Wrote: Wouldn't be easy just to add Play 3D mode in the default Simple Menu Settings,the option is already there.
Easy - YES. The correct way to do - NO.
(2015-10-23, 20:56)popcornmix Wrote: It seems to vary. When you resume an ISO VideoPlayer gets "video.iso" as the filename.
When you start from beginning you get the simple bluray menu (GUIDialogSimpleMenu.cpp) and filename is mangled to start with bluray:// which means libbluray is used to read it. I believe that extracts the .m2ts internal file. The different menu options produce "BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls" or "BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv" filenames within the iso.

I've made a change to tonight's build. I no longer use the Zidoo scheme, so no "play as 3d" in the BluRay menu.
If "MVC" is enabled in video acceleration settings then it will play the 3d stream. If disabled it will play the 2D stream.
This seems to avoid the problem with resuming in 3d mode not being possible and allows "Play main movie" to be enabled without losing the 3D option.
Nice, thanks! Looks cleaner.
I don't have any 3D ISO, but I appreciate yours and Koying's work on 3D.
Does this also make chapters work? I recall people reporting chapters didn't work with Zidoo logic.

Would it make sense to also depend on Videos -> Playback -> Playback mode of stereoscopic videos not being "Monoscopic / 2D" or "Ignore"? Both "Preferred mode" and "Ask me" would enable it, as there's nothing to ask.
Then check whether MVC is enabled.
(2015-10-24, 17:21)menakite Wrote: Does this also make chapters work? I recall people reporting chapters didn't work with Zidoo logic.
No. That would require parsing some of the playlist files to work out the chapter number to file offset into the ssif file, which is beyond my current knowledge.
Probably needs code inside libbluray.

Quote:Would it make sense to also depend on Videos -> Playback -> Playback mode of stereoscopic videos not being "Monoscopic / 2D" or "Ignore"? Both "Preferred mode" and "Ask me" would enable it, as there's nothing to ask.
Then check whether MVC is enabled.

Currently you can have MVC enabled and preferred set to mono and still switch into 3D mode once started.
If we are not playing the 3D stream due to mono preference, you won't be able to enable 3D.
Ahh, ok then. For some reason I thought 2D wouldn't work with your new scheme.
(Bad menakite, no cookies for me today.)
(2015-10-24, 17:36)menakite Wrote: Ahh, ok then. For some reason I thought 2D wouldn't work with your new scheme.
(Bad menakite, no cookies for me today.)

Mono with MVC enabled works, but is less efficient. You will read and decode both eye views but then discard right eye at display stage.
So, if you know you don't want 3D, then disabling MVC is preferable, but if you may or may not want it, then leaving it enabled is best.
All my 3D ISO are playing in 2D with the latest build.
All Simple menu selection plays in 2D,what I'm a doing wrong?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1024: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.10 #1 Sat Oct 24 23:59:00 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 23 2015 16:28:38
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version c1a8b643677011791abeea1f5dc3a4738349ea55 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151024234638-#1024-ge2cede2 [Build #1024]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001720.652: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e2cede22, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c1be42bf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Revert kenel 4.1.11 bump for now
  2. Add pulseaudio support (disabled by default)
  3. OE KEY_* changes with zero description or any obvious upstream support - always good... sigh
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [kodi] update to 15.2 final (PR:4395, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Various fixes (PR:4383, 5 commits, 6 files changed)
    • add package 'json-c' (0e873dbe)
    • add package 'libsndfile' (b4236a1f)
    • add new package 'soxr' (843e3972)
    • add package 'sbc' (a7a729ea)
    • add package 'pulseaudio' (2e94f15c)
    • SDL2: adjust build to support pulseaudio (2dbadd28)
    • kodi: adjust build to support pulseaudio (620c4357)
    • libinput: update to libinput-1.0.2 (2535369a)
    • projects/WeTek_Play/patches/kodi: remove CEC mappings patch, needs to be reworked (84b94d11)
    • projects/WeTek_Play/patches/linux: add HID quirk for WeTek remote support (2b6087dc)
    • kodi: add PR7916 (a73b4fc6)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_ZOOM (c3d102b4)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_TEXT (da5b559a)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_FAVORITES (8a1ad283)
    • kodi: add support for colored keys (ae76d1fc)
    • kodi: add support for KEY_HOMEPAGE (9a036e61)
    • plymouth-lite: black background in distro based splash (019589d0)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.11 (aaa514a9)
  2. XBMC:
    • Revert to process action without unicode. #16329 (PR:8266, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • New touchscreen keymap (PR:8115, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Context menu cleanup, step 3 (PR:8276, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.3.8 (PR:44, 9 commits, 16 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] cec3c4f5: Intel: Passthrough Mode - little workaround
    • Updated: [env] fbaeb593: Intel: Implement Passthrough-Range
    • Updated: [env] 3cf87d45: Kodi: Use Limited Range by default
    • Updated: [env] 6ad7a2cd: VAAPI: Enable EGL
    • Updated: [env] 46a038e6: Intel: Automatically switch to full range
    • Added: [env] PR:4398: Add amdgpu support
    • Reverted: [env] aaa514a9: Wait for rpi-4.1.y rebase
    • Reverted: [env] 9da7df25: Already disabled by systemd-227 bump
    • Exclude [env] kodi-999.31-PR7916.patch: Merged upstream
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8282: [python] Fixed getRegion dateshort format without leading zero
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm having a lot of issues trying to playback web streams. In my logs, it's specifically stating

"COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder"

It does this on practically every streaming video, no matter what add-on I'm using. Since this is specifically related to the decoder, I assume it is related to the OpenElec build I'm using (which is the Milhouse v1024 posted here today). Is there a setting somewhere I need to change or an add-on I need to get to enable this "progressive" video mode?
The RPi isn't able to hardware decode progressive jpg images, and the message just means that slower software decoding is being used instead to create the cached image. The cached image won't be created in progressive format so will be hardware decoded in future, in which case you'll only see the message once per progressive image.

tl;dr: Absolutely normal, nothing to do with your streaming video issue.

A full debug log (wiki) would be useful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Alright, I'll try it again in the morning. I wonder if it's the add-on I was using (VideoDevil). Thanks for the quick response.
(2015-10-24, 11:25)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 15:11)movie78 Wrote: Wouldn't be easy just to add Play 3D mode in the default Simple Menu Settings,the option is already there.
Easy - YES. The correct way to do - NO.

The new update option doesn't work well, so i went back to Build #1021

Too much steps just to play a movie and none of my 3D ISO plackback in 3D,unless i Enable 3D in player Menu.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-10-25, 11:53)movie78 Wrote: The new update option doesn't work well, so i went back to Build #1021

Too much steps just to play a movie and none of my 3D ISO plackback in 3D,unless i Enable 3D in player Menu.

I watched Edge of Tomrorrow yesterday with #1023 and it was perfect. I assume you have "Support MVC video (full frame 3D)" enabled in video/acceleration settings?
You'll need to provide more details if you want your problem resolved. A debug log (wiki) when playing a file would be a good start.
(2015-10-25, 13:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-25, 11:53)movie78 Wrote: The new update option doesn't work well, so i went back to Build #1021

I watched Edge of Tomrorrow yesterday with #1023 and it was perfect. I assume you have "Support MVC video (full frame 3D)" enabled in video/acceleration settings?
You'll need to provide more details if you want your problem resolved. A debug log (wiki) when playing a file would be a good start.

What happen when you click play on the ISO file?

And what settings are you using?
Nice job with 3D ISO playback start menu in build #1023+; nice and clean, and works well. Only slight issue I get is green pixellated streaks (at random points) with some movies (when watching 'Pixels' 3D last night).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-25, 15:52)hdmkv Wrote: Nice job with 3D ISO playback start menu in build #1023+; nice and clean, and works well. Only slight issue I get is green pixellated streaks (at random points) with some movies (when watching 'Pixels' 3D last night).

Does an mkv version of file have the same issue? If so it should be possible to make a small sample we can get to our codec expert.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10