Music scraping help
I notice the rating on music files in the online display, but its not changeable. Can this be changed, if so, what about mass changed.

Also, I don't see any sign of genre in the library, but I do in Kore. What gives?
Genre is used in the library. It may depend on the skin you are using. Using default Confluence, from the Home page click on MUSIC. Now you will find the choice to sort by Genre, Artist, Album, Single, Song, Year and others.

The default skin only shows the Rating, as far as I know there no way to change rating from within KODI using Confluence skin. May be possible with other skins or add-ons.
I believe you can increase/decrease the song star rating by hitting the right or left arrows while in full page view. (Or possibly another key, I don't recall.)
As Whitebelly says, there is clearly the feature available on some skins. The function is in the source code, but it is not always available to use.

A quick read of this showed people talking about it with the Aeon Flux skin while the visualisation is running.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=52630

And as pointed out in there, the only place it is currently visible in the Confluence Skin is per *SONG*. Which is a headache to set for a whole album.

My suggestion? Just go into Windows and set the rating in bulk there. KODI will read that in. Or use MP3TAG to bulk set ratings.

No doubt someone will come along with a neater KODI solution, but for now it looks like a work in progress feature in KODI.
(2015-07-19, 19:34)BatterPudding Wrote: As Whitebelly says, there is clearly the feature available on some skins. The function is in the source code, but it is not always available to use.

A quick read of this showed people talking about it with the Aeon Flux skin while the visualisation is running.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=52630

And as pointed out in there, the only place it is currently visible in the Confluence Skin is per *SONG*. Which is a headache to set for a whole album.

My suggestion? Just go into Windows and set the rating in bulk there. KODI will read that in. Or use MP3TAG to bulk set ratings.

No doubt someone will come along with a neater KODI solution, but for now it looks like a work in progress feature in KODI.
That's the thing, I have mass set the rating for all songs in iTunes and MM to 5 stars, but they show in xbmc as 0 stars.
I don't use ratings, so this is a guess. You need to force the scraper to re-scrap. Quickest way to do this is to go in to Music \ Files, Select your source and RIGHT CLICK to bring up the Context Menu. From here Edit Source to point elsewhere. Save it. Now re-edit and point it back to the correct location.

This should fool KODI into thinking it is a totally new source and do a deeper scan of all the files again re-reading all the tags without disrupting anything else in your database.
Okay, I went into MM and rated my entire library to 5 stars. Reloaded to kodi, and 18k of the 32k rescanned with 5 stars; but about 16k didn't.

BTW, mp3tag doesn't have a stock rating attribute, you need to create it, I did, didn't work.
(2015-07-19, 19:27)whitebelly Wrote: I believe you can increase/decrease the song star rating by hitting the right or left arrows while in full page view. (Or possibly another key, I don't recall.)
While in full page view, its page up/ down.
(2015-07-21, 01:05)music_lover Wrote: Okay, I went into MM and rated my entire library to 5 stars. Reloaded to kodi, and 18k of the 32k rescanned with 5 stars; but about 16k didn't.

BTW, mp3tag doesn't have a stock rating attribute, you need to create it, I did, didn't work.
Okay, I tried everything I could think of, local scraper won't tag more than 18k songs with 5 stars, is there a star limit?
FYI the code for mp3 (ID3) tags looks like this:

Code:
else if (it->first == "POPM")
      // Loop through and process ratings
      for (ID3v2::FrameList::ConstIterator ct = it->second.begin(); ct != it->second.end(); ++ct)
      {
        ID3v2::PopularimeterFrame *popFrame = dynamic_cast<ID3v2::PopularimeterFrame *> (*ct);
        if (!popFrame) continue;

// @xbmc.org ratings trump others (of course)
        if      (popFrame->email() == "[email protected]")
          tag.SetRating(popFrame->rating() / 51 + '0');
        else if (tag.GetRating() == '0')
        {
          if (popFrame->email() != "Windows Media Player 9 Series" &&
              popFrame->email() != "Banshee" &&
              popFrame->email() != "no@email" &&
              popFrame->email() != "[email protected]" &&
              popFrame->email() != "[email protected]")
            CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "unrecognized ratings schema detected: %s", popFrame->email().toCString(true));
          tag.SetRating(POPMtoXBMC(popFrame->rating()));
        }
      }

Basic idea is that you can have ratings from various sources based on an "email address". MM is "no@email". Once Kodi determines which rating method was used from the email it converts the rating (integer) to stars using the following:

Code:
char POPMtoXBMC(int popm)
{
  // Ratings:
  // FROM: http://thiagoarrais.com/repos/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Streaming/StreamRatingTagger.cs
  // The following schemes are used by the other POPM-compatible players:
  // WMP/Vista: "Windows Media Player 9 Series" ratings:
  //   1 = 1, 2 = 64, 3=128, 4=196 (not 192), 5=255
  // MediaMonkey: "no@email" ratings:
  //   0.5=26, 1=51, 1.5=76, 2=102, 2.5=128,
  //   3=153, 3.5=178, 4=204, 4.5=230, 5=255
  // Quod Libet: "[email protected]" ratings
  //   (but that email can be changed):
  //   arbitrary scale from 0-255
  if (popm == 0) return '0';
  if (popm < 0x40) return '1';
  if (popm < 0x80) return '2';
  if (popm < 0xc0) return '3';
  if (popm < 0xff) return '4';
  return '5';
}

so it doesn't really matter what you use as the rating source, they all get treated the same. But if it doesn't recognize the rating source it will log to the debug log so you should see that in the log after an OnScan.

scott s.
(2015-07-22, 22:11)scott967 Wrote: FYI the code for mp3 (ID3) tags looks like this:

Code:
else if (it->first == "POPM")
      // Loop through and process ratings
      for (ID3v2::FrameList::ConstIterator ct = it->second.begin(); ct != it->second.end(); ++ct)
      {
        ID3v2::PopularimeterFrame *popFrame = dynamic_cast<ID3v2::PopularimeterFrame *> (*ct);
        if (!popFrame) continue;

// @xbmc.org ratings trump others (of course)
        if      (popFrame->email() == "[email protected]")
          tag.SetRating(popFrame->rating() / 51 + '0');
        else if (tag.GetRating() == '0')
        {
          if (popFrame->email() != "Windows Media Player 9 Series" &&
              popFrame->email() != "Banshee" &&
              popFrame->email() != "no@email" &&
              popFrame->email() != "[email protected]" &&
              popFrame->email() != "[email protected]")
            CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "unrecognized ratings schema detected: %s", popFrame->email().toCString(true));
          tag.SetRating(POPMtoXBMC(popFrame->rating()));
        }
      }

Basic idea is that you can have ratings from various sources based on an "email address". MM is "no@email". Once Kodi determines which rating method was used from the email it converts the rating (integer) to stars using the following:

Code:
char POPMtoXBMC(int popm)
{
  // Ratings:
  // FROM: http://thiagoarrais.com/repos/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Streaming/StreamRatingTagger.cs
  // The following schemes are used by the other POPM-compatible players:
  // WMP/Vista: "Windows Media Player 9 Series" ratings:
  //   1 = 1, 2 = 64, 3=128, 4=196 (not 192), 5=255
  // MediaMonkey: "no@email" ratings:
  //   0.5=26, 1=51, 1.5=76, 2=102, 2.5=128,
  //   3=153, 3.5=178, 4=204, 4.5=230, 5=255
  // Quod Libet: "[email protected]" ratings
  //   (but that email can be changed):
  //   arbitrary scale from 0-255
  if (popm == 0) return '0';
  if (popm < 0x40) return '1';
  if (popm < 0x80) return '2';
  if (popm < 0xc0) return '3';
  if (popm < 0xff) return '4';
  return '5';
}

so it doesn't really matter what you use as the rating source, they all get treated the same. But if it doesn't recognize the rating source it will log to the debug log so you should see that in the log after an OnScan.

scott s.
But I read in all 32k songs and retagged in MM. Could it be the tag format? I'll try again and look at the logs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scraping help0