Isengard on Fedora
Best to build with what is tested is supported and official to the project you are using. Its not fedora whos going to fix your Kodi bugs.

All in all its precisely my personal point of view is this:
Suddenly 20 or more new users doing this because you doing it or because thats how its packaged by Distro XyZ and you dont see any bugs, that doesn't means no one using these builds will...
Any community that wishes to use a project should endeavour to stick to what is supported and tested, else what happens is people get fed up of silly bug reports then start pushing such reports to the person who is providing those unsupported builds, then youre back to square one. No Fedora RPM repo providing Kodi (because maintainer had enough of complaints and refuses to cooperate with the project).

IMO ideally we want less divides between Fedora, Debian, Suse, Arch, etc. and so on communities and members, since its up to these communities where individuals who are experienced in such distros / packaging to provide sane & supported Kodi packages that everyone can use and report bugs against.

wsnipex the other day quoted some project and their 1000 word blog post reason why they dont provide Windows builds and after reading it it fully applies to kodi. Wheres that link....
(2015-07-29, 10:51)uNiversal Wrote: Best to build with what is tested is supported and official to the project you are using. Its not fedora whos going to fix your Kodi bugs.

All in all its precisely my personal point of view is this:
Suddenly 20 or more new users doing this because you doing it or because thats how its packaged by Distro XyZ and you dont see any bugs, that doesn't means no one using these builds will...[..]
Absolutely agree, but that is why I specifically said it was my personal setup and not an "official" one.

A purely static build would be fine I think, which everyone can use regardless of any libs the may or may not have, or how outdated they are.
This seems catfight; if none cooperate want is your problem; but I can do out of the box; I love make rpm; and I am free, outside the infrastructure.

I made the rpm of Kodi 15 and your addons for fedora 22, and 23, and next fc24. Only give time for upload it, because I include some sources and some dependencies, my internet connection is bad. You can contact me in this community in google+.

Fedora United

@ageha COPR sound great; but you need rpmfusion, for compile Kodi; if you include rpmfusion in your repository, it will reported (and deleted your repository); You'll get a kick in the butt, same as me... :/
I am running Kodi 14.2 on Fedora 22 and I would like to upgrade to Kodi 15. I have been looking on rpmfusion and have not found Kodi 15. How does Kodi get there? Is there some way I could help make this happen? Are there other Fedora/Kodi users? Thank you.
Hi

I have successfully compiled kodi 15 for fedora 22.

I used the script found here:
https://github.com/mooninite/xbmc-rpm/commits/master
and using the instructions found here:
http://rpmfusion.org/xbmc

AFAIK this is the same packaging scripts that's used to build rpmfusion's kodi, so if all goes well you should end up with an rpm. I had some trouble building this because I didn't know how mock works and also apparently it tries to use the old naming "xmbc-rpm" instead of "kodi-rpm", so here are the instructions that worked for me, but your mileage may vary:

First, install dependencies (you'll need rpmfusion repos enabled):
Code:
sudo dnf install fedpkg mock mock-rpmfusion-free git

Clone the build script and prepare the build:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/mooninite/xbmc-rpm.git
cd xbmc-rpm
./kodi-generate-tarball-xz.sh
md5sum kodi-*-patched.tar.xz > sources

Launch the build process:
Code:
fedpkg -v --dist f22 mockbuild --root fedora-22-x86_64-rpmfusion_free

This could fail with an error complaining about missing srpm for xmbc-rpm, in that case you can create a sym link:
Code:
ln -s kodi-15.0-1.fc22.src.rpm xbmc-rpm-15.0-1.fc22.src.rpm
and launch the build process again.

If this finishes properly, you should end with various rpms in:
Code:
results_xbmc-rpm/15.0/1.fc22/

I suggest creating a full backup of .kodi data folder before installing the rpms in case something doesn't work after the upgrade. I've been using this version of kodi for a couple of days and everything seems to work as it did with version 14.

Hope this helps.
I would rather wait than compiling myself. But question is would Kodi 15 be ever available on Fedora 22 or I will have to upgrade to Fedora 23?
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

The Kodi wiki covering this has now been updated for Fedora 22 and Kodi 15.x (Isengard).

Click here: HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fedora 22 using RPMFusion packages (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard on Fedora0