KodiBuntu Keeps showing startup screen
I have this working great on a x86 system but... every time i boot up or restart I loose all my settings, addons --- it is just like a fresh install.

Thought it might be a chmod issue with the wrong setting but since I can't use chmod - well ... what can I do to make this work and save my stuff.
The pro here will ask to post a full debug log (activate this in settings) and post it via pastebin here untruncated.
@kili:

Did you install kodibuntu on a hdd or do you use it at live version?
I had to setup XBuntu first then copied over the files to make KodiBuntu - using a SSD on a Gigabyte Brix.
Here is the log
PasteBin - Log

Found this - but I SSH in and the directory is there (owned by root)
11:14:52 T:140134579459968 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'

OpenELEC:/usr/lib/kodi/addons # pwd
/usr/lib/kodi/addons

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 53 Jun 15 20:57 library.kodi.guilib
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 52 Jun 15 20:57 library.xbmc.addon
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 52 Jun 15 20:57 library.xbmc.codec
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 50 Jun 15 20:57 library.xbmc.pvr
Remove the userdata, we dont support or care about issues caused by tvaddons and company.

Also why mention kodibuntu when you're providing Openelec logs? Somewhat confusing though doesnt matter as the issue is 3rd party.
Ok, so you don't care about user data - cool.

What about every time I start I have to go through startup screens and have lost anything I put into Kodi? I can't save anything - restart or shutdown sets it all back to a blank slate and it is running on a drive on a pc not a stick.
You don't understand....he cares about the userdata. That's why you could backup it before removing. He said, he doesn't care about 3rd party addons which might causing issues.

I would recommend to rename the .kodi folder to something like 'kodi-old' and then reboot. That's like a complete factory reset and you can take a look if everything works fine. If yes, do your needed settings and install your addons one after the other and have a look which one would cause an issue.

And for the note:

1. it's not a full Debug Log as you enabled debug logging while the device was already turned on and you missed to reboot after enabling debug logging. We need the Debug Log from startup.
2. You don't use Kodibuntu as this log mentions OpenElec:

Quote:Running on OpenELEC (official) - Version: 5.95.2 6.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.0.5

So you are confusing us...you're claiming about an issue on Kodibuntu but provide logs from OpenElec which is a bit different. In the end, it's all Kodi, correct...but the OS is still different in a bit.

Quote:I had to setup XBuntu first then copied over the files to make KodiBuntu - using a SSD on a Gigabyte Brix.

That won't work. Neither for Kodibuntu nor for OpenElec.

For Kodibuntu you have to enter some updating commands explained here: Kodibuntu (wiki)

For OpenElec if you want to upgrade from an XBMC installation to a Kodi installation, it is recommended to do a fresh install as too many things have been changed since then.

I guess you have messed up your complete installation by copying those files over and I would think about a fresh installation. As that might be the fastest way to get your problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiBuntu Keeps showing startup screen0