PleXBMC Banner Art for TV Shows in Back Row
I have searched for the last few days and it seems that in order to get banner art to show up from a PleXBMC library it needs skin support, I have not been able to find any skin setting or anything in the forums (and the plex forums are down) to get this working in back row.

Is this currently possible in back row, and I have just missed it?

If not, any way that support for Banner Art from PleXBMC could be implemented?
Hi ktomlin

Sorry I've never used Plex with Kodi so I've no frame of reference.

I'm guessing we're talking about TV shows only? (Back Row has no support for Banners in Movies).

So if you select the Back Row TV Show Banner views you get something like a stretched poster where you should see a banner - is that what happens?

If so I imagine it's like you say and the plex server is offering up the banner thumb in a different format to what Kodi usually expects for a banner. So in order to get the banner to show as expected you need some sort of display this differently if Plexbmc condition = true addition to all banner views within the skin.

I'll look into it.

Cheers
Yes, for TV shows - when accessing a plexbmc library, it displays blank outlines where the banners should be. - It will display fan art and episode thumbnails however, and works fine for movies.

I did find this from the author of Plexbmc (hippojay) in a thread here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=1323726

"Unfortunately (again) XBMC doesn't have a way for me to add art that then gets flagged as banners ( listitem.art(banner) ). I can do it with a custom method, but this means skin modifications."

Not exactly sure what would need to be modified or how, and didn't see anything in the thread about it in more detail.
Ok I see how it's an issue...let me think about it.

In the meantime if you select, within skin options, "use posters instead of banners" does that at least display the poster thumbs correctly?
If I change the view options to posters, they display correctly, however banners show the default no image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC Banner Art for TV Shows in Back Row0