Win Cannot access 2 of my channels in Kodi
Hi,

I have the latest version of SWMC installed and use it in connection with Kodi 14.2. I have an issue where 2 of my channels will not load in Kodi...I have hundreds of other channels that work fine. The 2 channels that don't work in Kodi do work in WMC. I tried reversing the source listing in WMC as well, but that didn't fix the issue. I am using a ceton infinitv 4 tuner pci card. Here is the link for my SWMC log - I started everything fresh then recreated the issue with one of the failed channels at 9:18, then I tuned to a working channel at 9:21 in the logs if that helps. http://pastebin.com/bx9imuNP

I also have a different unrelated issue with recorded tv. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern of when this happens but maybe it is an issue that you have seen before. When I'm in my recorded tv listing screen, every once in a while (1-2x per day) the list refreshes with a blank list and none of the keyboard commands work. The only way I can get out is to hit the green button on my remote which takes me back to my home screen and then if I re-enter the recorded tv screen it usually refreshes and works fine again...very strange. I'll try to get a log next time it happens, but it's random so usually my wife is the one who experiences it when I'm not home.

Thank you!

John

***EDIT - just an additional fact about the second issue, I have tried several different skins (arctic, titan, aeon) and have the same problem.
I think you need to look at the wmc sources for your problem channel again. If you look at the log, when it tunes to the channel that works it says there are four tuners available for that channel, when it tunes to the one that doesn't work it says there are 12 tuners available for that channel (but obviously you only have 4 tuners). So I think that wmc on the problem channel has 8 tuner sources for that channel that should be disabled. I have seen this happen before, why it happens I have no idea. Did you change tuners in the past?

Not sure about the second problem. Typically what we do doesn't effect the gui, but this problem might be due to a hack where we append the number of recordings to the folder(series) name. kodi doesn't currently list the number of recordings in a series (foilder) so we hack that just appending the number to the series name. It works, but the downside is if you are viewing inside one of these folders and then the recording count changes, then the folder name changes, so kodi shows the old folder you were viewing as empty. This fits some of what you are saying, except I can get out of this problem by just hitting '..' to go up a level. If you want to test if this is the problem turn off the appending of the recording count to the series name.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I took a closer look at the WMC setup for the channels and the list only shows 4 tuners at a time so I didn't realize there were 8 more in there! It looks like the other 2 sets of 4 tuners each had a different channel associated with it so it looks like whenever the channel lineup gets updated by FIOS or channel numbers move around, it leaves the old channels in there as sources and adds a new set of tuners for the new card. If SWMC was pulling the feed from the last one on the list, then it would have been pulling a dead channel, hence the fail. I disabled the extra sources in WMC and that fixed the problem in Kodi, so THANK YOU!

As of the first issue, I realized I had removed the "..." entry from my Kodi folders via the Kodi setup menu a long time ago since I'm not fond of the look, but I'll re-enable and see if that gets me back to the right list. Also, I can't figure out where to change the setting for appending the recording count to the series name, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

John
In the swmc settings file change isappendingepisodecount to false, then save and restart swmc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot access 2 of my channels in Kodi0