Regarding Blacklists and missing SOURCE setup information
Hi,

I understand that certain add-ons are on the blacklist.
I installed and configured KODI according to information found on the web.

However, if I must comment on this, because I just found out a few things regarding Kodi:

We all know that the very first thing to do after a clean install, is to set in the FILE MANAGER the SOURCE.
You cannot install anything if the source is not configured.

1. There is no information about WHAT SOURCE should somebody enter in the [SOURCE] configuration. The ONLY information to be found is on the internet, and it points to FUSION.
2. According to the Kodi policies, FUSION is on the blacklisted repositories.
3. According to Kodi policies, "Note - If the Add-on is from our Official Add-on Repo then it has already been checked that it doesn't break our rules, therefore anything contained in the Official Repo is safe to discuss in any of our websites/channels."
4. Based on #3, combined with the lack of information (#1) and the prohibited repository (#2), what should we do?

Question: What is the source for the "allowed" repository?
Question: Why the "legal" source is not embedded in the installation procedures?
Question: Why there is no information regarding this FIRST STEP of the installation on your website ? (the one to be found being "illegal" or "banned" or "blacklisted"

Let's not forget that nothing can be done in Kodi if the source is not configured. All the info on Kodi site starts AFTER THE SOURCE WAS CONFIGURED!
(2015-07-10, 15:38)Ze_Kanuke Wrote: We all know that the very first thing to do after a clean install, is to set in the FILE MANAGER the SOURCE.
Er, no. Just no.
(2015-07-10, 15:38)Ze_Kanuke Wrote: Hi,

I understand that certain add-ons are on the blacklist.
I installed and configured KODI according to information found on the web.

However, if I must comment on this, because I just found out a few things regarding Kodi:

We all know that the very first thing to do after a clean install, is to set in the FILE MANAGER the SOURCE.

1. There is no information about WHAT SOURCE should somebody enter in the [SOURCE] configuration. The ONLY information to be found is on the internet, and it points to FUSION.
2. According to the Kodi policies, FUSION is on the blacklisted repositories.
3. According to Kodi policies, "Note - If the Add-on is from our Official Add-on Repo then it has already been checked that it doesn't break our rules, therefore anything contained in the Official Repo is safe to discuss in any of our websites/channels."
4. Based on #3, combined with the lack of information (#1) and the prohibited repository (#2), what should we do?

Question: What is the source for the "allowed" repository?
Question: Why the "legal" source is not embedded in the installation procedures?
Question: Why there is no information regarding this FIRST STEP of the installation on your website ? (the one to be found being "illegal" or "banned" or "blacklisted"

Let's not forget that nothing can be done in Kodi if the source is not configured. All the info on Kodi site starts AFTER THE SOURCE WAS CONFIGURED!

If you use Kodi for it's intended purpose, you do not need to install any sources. I has all it needs to stream your local content. The source you talk about is banned because it deals with pirated content. So not just the addons from that source is banned, but also the source itself.

The legal source, repos and addons are already included embedded in the installation process of Kodi.

If you want to discuss sources or addons not supported by this forum, find where the source and addons are supported and ask for support there.
Kodi does come with its own repository, the content of which is all official and approved by the Kodi team.

You don't need to add any sources at all to get the addons in it, you just go to the addons menu item and then select install from repository and you should see all the different categories and the addons within each when you go down into each category.

You can add additional repositories, both of the legal kind from various add-on developers here, and also unfortunately of the kind which give everything a bad name by enabling, promoting and supporting piracy and stream theft.

Editted to add - more details (with some outdated screenshots) is in the wiki section on HOW-TO:Install_add-ons (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just for everybody:
1. I Didn't know that it works without sources.
2. When I first started, a friend of mine installed it for me, so I considered it correct.
2. I m going to remove the source, and see what works...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regarding Blacklists and missing SOURCE setup information0