5ghz wifi adapater recommendations?
I am looking for an 802.11 adapter in the 5ghz frequency range for my new Pi2 running OSMC. I would prefer it to be compatible with all three 5ghz standards (A / AC / N).

So far, I've been looking at these models, but am open to suggestions:

TP-LINK Archer T2U
TP-LINK Archer T2UH
TRENDnet TEW-804UB

Anyone care to weigh in? Amazon Prime day is coming up, and I'm eager to make a purchase!

Thanks in advance
What existing wireless do you have? Do you have 802.11ac at home or plan to get it? What do you plan to stream?

Personally I would recommend ASUS if your budget can stretch that far, but TP-Link make some good gear also.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-07-12, 11:50)levi.baker88 Wrote: What existing wireless do you have? Do you have 802.11ac at home or plan to get it? What do you plan to stream?

Fair enough question.

I have a cheapy TrendNet TEW-820AP. It's a small, internal antenna, 5ghz (only) device. Whatever the wireless speeds, the max throughput it'll ever do is 100mbps, because it doesn't even support gigabit.

The distance is short, relatively obstacle free, and I'm looking to stream up to 1080p30 video. I don't think I have anything that runs over 40mbps, and most of it is quite a bit lower than that.

So, I don't need some fancy multi-antenna adapter. Just a cheap multi-standard 5ghz wifi adapter that works with OSMC (2015.06-1) will do.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5ghz wifi adapater recommendations?0