looking for pvr server for windows 10
Hi Forum, just upgraded to windows 10 preview and using kodi for my entertainment. Need to find a pvr server that works with ceton infinitv 4, I need to find out if anyone has tested and used this setup, please and thanks.
if you are happy with ServerWMC but can't use it on windows 10, there are still options.

Apart from the obvious one of having a dedicated backend server/pc on windows 7 or 8, you can also use virtualisation

I run ServerWMC and WMC on a windows 8.1 VM (VMWare Workstation) using usb tuners passed through to the VM and it works a treat.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-07-13, 11:01)scarecrow420 Wrote: if you are happy with ServerWMC but can't use it on windows 10, there are still options.

Apart from the obvious one of having a dedicated backend server/pc on windows 7 or 8, you can also use virtualisation

I run ServerWMC and WMC on a windows 8.1 VM (VMWare Workstation) using usb tuners passed through to the VM and it works a treat.

Hi, can you go through the process of setting it up, I just bought vmwrae and need some assistance.
Hi, just tried it but failed since I use infinitv 4 pci which is not compatible with virtual machines. Thanks though.
yeah im using USB tuners which can be passed through to the VM, also network tuners like HDHomeRun work too obviously. have you considered building an actual server that is not your main PC so your server can be on win7 or win8 whilst you upgrade your main PC to win 10?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
@rendawg84 it might work if you have a motherboard that supports IOMMU passthrough, but it's still a bit hit and miss which cards work and which don't. Most PCI Express cards should work but I've had bad luck with an old PCI tuner.
yeah I have windows 7 on my htpc but considering that ms will most likely not stop updating wmc I wanted to get the leg up and go to win 10. Windows 7 is getting outdated. Well hopefully it gets picked up or something else comes through.
There's always the option of using Linux instead. With network tuners it's just as easy to run it in a virtual machine.
(2015-07-17, 06:31)negge Wrote: There's always the option of using Linux instead. With network tuners it's just as easy to run it in a virtual machine.

That exactly what i'm doing.

I'm running a Linux VM under VirtualBox in my WHS2011 Server. I have 2 HDHomerun network tuner.

I'm running TVHeadend, and i get faster channel change than using Windows Media Center (direct, never tried WMCServer)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for pvr server for windows 100